To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Working collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary treatment team, the mental health worker is assigned to a Registered Nurse of Licensed Practical Nurse and participates in carrying out nursing interventions to provide patients with opportunities for learning and adaptive ways of coping.
Patient and family centered care (PFCC) at YNHH is demonstrated by working with patients and their families based on the 4 principles of PFCC: participation, dignity and respect, information sharing, and collaboration. This includes providing service excellence by creating a great "First Impression" by demonstrating exemplary customer service skills for all customer groups including patients, families/friends, physicians, staff and support department personnel.
Adheres to the "I Am YNHH" service excellence pledge and promotes a positive work environment.
- 1. Provides individualized patient care to ensure the safety and dignity of the patient.
- 1.1 Follows the patient care plan preserving patients' safety, dignity and autonomy.
- 2. Assists the nursing staff in maintaining a therapeutic milieu to ensure the care and treatment of patients.
- 2.1 Initiates activities and interactions with patients in individual and group situations consistent with the nursing plan of care.
- 3. Participates in unit activities that promote a cohesive group.
- 3.1 Maintains all mandatory continuing education classes.
Graduation from high school supplemented by at least two (2) years of college; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
A minimum of one (1) year experience in a psychiatric facility, i.e., an inpatient unit or an outpatient psychiatric clinic.
Ability to deal effectively with agitated or violent patients. Excellent interpersonal skills.