To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs a wide variety of technical and professional duties utilizing complex diagnostic and therapeutic equipment and supplies, and following specialized techniques.
Along with section manager, will assist with staff scheduling and directing work flow in the labs.
Works closely with Physicians to ensure supplies are available.
Will work closely with section manager and staff to foster teamwork in the section.
Will assist in equipment selection and participate in construction meetings.
Strong focus on Patient and family centered care (PFCC) which is demonstrated by working with patients and their families based on the 4 principles of PFCC: participation, dignity and respect, information sharing, and collaboration. This includes providing service excellence by creating a great "First Impression" by demonstrating exemplary customer service skills for all customer groups including patients, families/friends, physicians, staff and support department personnel.
Adheres to the "I Am YNHH" service excellence pledge and promotes a positive work environment.
Assists and/or performs daily QA on systems.
Must be able to troubleshoot equipment malfunctions and be a "superuser" for all equipment in the section.
Provides input on staff performance evaluations.
Assists with new employee orientation and training.
- 1. Performs wide variety of technical duties to ensure proper set up and performance of imaging procedures.
- 1.1 Properly sets up and check imaging and ancillary equipment so it is ready to function at the beginning of the procedure.
- 2. Ensures an efficient and smooth running service.
- 2.1 Projects an enthusiastic and positive attitude towards the job, staff and schedule. Acts as a role model for others and mentors as needed.
- 3. Ensures that all supplies required for individual procedures are available during exams in order to maximize
patient safety and service efficiently.
- 3.1 Efficiently obtains needed disposable and non-disposable for procedures.
- 4. Participates in various teaching and/or learning opportunities in order to further his/her own personal
knowledge and to assist in expanding the knowledge of others.
- 4.1 Is receptive to teaching new technologists by assisting with their training and orientation, and student
technologists by allowing them the opportunity for "hands on" experience.
- 5. Perform various record keeping functions in order to maintain integrity and completeness of patient record and
- 5.1 Routinely enters accurate patient information before beginning procedure.
- 6. Provides quality and safe care for patients by attending to their needs both physical and psychological.
- 6.1 Introduces themselves and other staff to the patient before the exam begins.
Ensures that staff are following this procedure as well.
- 7. Utilizes proper safety measures during procedures for all people present in the room to ensure minimum
physical risk for patients and staff.
- 7.1 Ensures that all personnel wear protective apparel as needed
Satisfactory completion of formal Ultrasound education in an accredited school. Successfully obtained board certification in Echocardiography and or Vascular. AS Degree required, BS Degree preferred.
Minimum of five years of Modality specific experience required.
Must have RDCS,CCI or RVT
Proficiency with imaging equipment and Cardio-Pac's
Must be a team player and work well with others.
Must be able to give direction to staff.
Exceptional communication skills required.
Must have Exceeded expectations on recent performance reviews and have no active warnings.
Strong computer skills required including excel and word.
Must be able to provide process improvement ideas/solutions.
On call required. Must be willing to work 1-2 late shifts per week.