To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs the major floor cleaning and refinishing functions in addition to shampooing all carpets and furniture in the building in accordance with the standard procedures of the Environmental Services Department. In addition, provides support for individual and department moves within the hospital.
- 1. Provide excellent customer service when dealing with patients, visitors and other staff members.
- 2. Shampoo carpets and furniture according to department policies and procedures.
- 3. Move furniture and belongings during department or individual moves.
- 4. Provide detailed cleaning in patient, as well as non-patient areas as assigned by Environmental Services Supervisor.
- 5. Strip and wax floors according to department policies and practices.
- 6. Maintains equipment in clean working order at all times.
- 7. Responds to emergency calls and provides necessary services.
- 8. Fills in for Housekeeper / Porter as directed by supervisor.
- 9. Meets performance expectations for Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, and Staff and Self Development as outlined in performance review.
- 10. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth operation of the department/unit.
High school diploma / GED required
Customer service experience or ability required and cleaning experience preferred.
Must be able to speak and understand English.