To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Organizes the scheduling or required test for patients referred for advanced cardiac therapies. Maintains current information/data/records regarding candidates waiting for transplantation. Maintains effective communication with the transplant and VAD coordinator team.
- 1. Coordinates evaluation for patients referred for advanced cardiac therapies
- 1.1 Organizes and enters data submitted by referring physicians prior to patient's initial appointment. Identifies gaps in information and takes appropriate action e.g. call to request further info., reschedule the appointment) as observed by clinical staff.
- 2. Maintains Transplant Waiting List to ensure accuracy of patient information.
- 2.1 Identifies problematic issues and refers them to the transplant coordinator.
- 3. Interfaces with other hospital departments/ personnel to ensure pertinent documentation has been communicated to appropriate departments.
- 3.1 Works closely with the staff and the Histocompatibility Lab requiring documentation of blood types, date of blood samples for the lab and information for listing patients on the national registry.
Associates Degree in Allied Healthcare or related field preferred.
Two (2) years of related clinical experience or equivalent combination of education and experience., Special Skills Demonstrated, excellent organizational skills. Ability to handle multiple on-going tasks. Database management skills preferred. Must be able to handle interactions with all levels of staff, patients and families.
No special conditions.