To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Review and execute current protocols, perform patient assessments, perform diagnostic and therapeutic ultrasound studies and vascular physiologic testing for the performance of all vascular tests.
- 1. Review and execute protocols for the performance of all vascular tests
- 2. Perform patient assessments
- 3. Use independent judgement and systematic problem solving methods to produce high quality diagnostic information and optomize patient care.
- 4. Perform duplex ultrasound studies as necessary, providing thecnical expertise in the area of vascular ultrasound technology to include the following areas:
a) Extra-cranial cerebrovascular duplex ultrasound
b) Lower extremity arterial duplex and bypass graft surveillance
c) Lower extremity venous duplex rule out DVT
d) Lower extremity venous duplex for reflux testing of the deep and superficial systems
e) Abdominal vacular duplex imaging to include:
i) aortic duplex for the surveillance of AAA
ii) endovascular graft imaging
iii) mesenteric and renal artery duplex evaluation
iv) abdominal and mesenteric bypass graft
f) upper extremity venous and arterial duplex ultrasound
g) dialysis access and pre-operative assessment
h) experience in ultrasound guided procedures with laer ablation
- 5. All aspects of upper and lower extremity physiologic testing
- 6. Provide written interpretation of diagnostic findings and complete error free data entry into the vascular lab database and reporting system.
- 7. Assure that all emergent tests are performed in and expedited manner. Give results immediately, verbally.
- 8. Complete required data to maintain accreditation of lab through Intersocietal Commission for Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories as directed by the Medical director and the Manager of Noninvasive Vascular Labs.
- 9. Interface with referring physicians to provide results and to aid in patient diagnosis and management as well as asking questions related to the services that the lab will provide and making sure that there is appropriate documentation of indications to perform exams.
- 10. Maintain equipment and general lab apperance, supplies and upkeep of inventory for the lab.
Required to meet one of the following:
AS degree and graduate of an accredited (CAAHEP) School of Diagnostic Sonography.,
AS degree and graduate of an accredited Allied Health program with an additional requirement of 12 months of full time Diagnostic Medical Sonography instruction.,
Graduate of Bachelor's program with an additional requirement of 12 months of full time Diagnostic Medical Sonography instruction.
RVT or RVS Certification Required, RDCS or equivalent also preferred. Knowledge of all vascular procedures is preferred.
RVT Certification required, RDCS or equivalent also preferred
Must have excellent communication and organizational skills. Wokring knowledge of all basic computer applications including Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.