To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the LMH Limb Preservation Medical Director and the Wound Center manager, coordinates staff and resources to achieve hospital and departmental goals, regulatory compliance, and service excellence through active participation in departmental planning, policy implementation, teaching, research, and direct oversight of
day-to-day operations of the Limb Preservation Program.
- Provides support for the technical and nursing staff to meet the needs of the service and maintain good patient skills.
- Acts as a liaison between the Limb Preservation clinic and the Wound Clinic to integrate patients between both services.
- Coordinates patient triage and screening of wound care clinic
- Oversees the patient schedule daily and makes adjustments as needed to accommodate the needs of the referring physicians, patients, and clinics to provide excellent customer service.
- Collaborates with the Wound Center Manager to prepare an adequate staff schedule to meet the demands of the service with minimal use of overtime and salary expense. Arranges appropriate staff coverage for vacations, holidays, and unscheduled absences.
- Communicates effectively with patients, physicians, technologists, nurses and other staff. Uses problem solving techniques, independent judgment, and good interpersonal skills to address issues effectively as they arise and initiate service recovery.
- Monitors technical quality of work through periodic audits and takes corrective action to make improvements or to assist with implementation of new processes or protocols when directed.
- Coordinates equipment service and maintenance schedules and assists with Quality Assurance in accordance with regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Understands and works to ensure others are following regulatory mandated policies such as safety /infection control policies, etc.
- Responsible for ordering supplies, maintaining appropriate stock par levels, and utilization oversight to achieve budget targets. Delegates tasks to others as appropriate.
- In conjunction with Wound Center Manager coordinates a department budget to ensure the delivery of cost - effective, safe, quality care.
- Assists Limb Preservation Medical Director and Wound Center Manager with the selection, orientation, and training of new employees as well as in-service education, annual staff competencies, performance reviews, and performance documentation for staff recognition or disciplinary action.
- Competent as a super user for computer-based applications and any other job-related computer applications as deemed appropriate.
- Ensures accountability for high performance in patient satisfaction.
- Meets performance expectations for Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, and Staff and Self Development as outlined in performance review.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth operation of the department/unit.
Nursing Degree. Preference Is Bachelor'S Degree Or Matriculated.
Five (5) To Ten (10) Years Experience As A Nurse In A Cardiovascular Interventional Lab Or Outpatient
Active/Current Rn License By State Of Connecticut
This Role Requires Acls And Bls Certification. Excellent Interpersonal Communications, Customer Service, And Organizational Skills. Must Also Be Proficient with computer based applications.