To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the supervision of the Laboratory Manager, provides day to day supervision and monitoring of the Shoreline Medical Center laboratory operation. This includes scheduling of work assignments, ordering and inventory control, quality control review and implementation of quality assurance indicators. Also surveillance of laboratory equipment and environment, monitors CAP compliance and validates and implements new tests. Maintains effective communication with staff and exhibits CHAMP and HRO standards. Is a role model for all staff within their scope of supervision.
- 1. Responsible for the day to day operational needs of the Shoreline Medical Center Laboratory.
- 1.1 Develops monthly and weekly (including holidays) schedule to assure proper staffing at all times. Posts schedule 2 months in advance of actual dates.
- 2. Perform a wide variety of fundamental duties to ensure continuous reporting of accurate results.
- 2.1 Assists technologists with difficult and unusual situations encountered during routine testing. Is able to evaluate and resolve routine problems 99% of the time.
- 3. Implements and monitors quality control and quality assurance procedures to ensure accuracy of results reported.
- 3.1 Implements CAP proficiency testing program including distribution of materials, retrieval of results, recording of data and maintenance of documentation records. Performs in a manner that maintains 100% accuracy of data recording. All returned results must be reviewed, action report completed (if necessary) and forwarded to Lab Manager, Medical Director and Laboratory compliance specialist within a month of notification.
- 4. Performs a variety of multi-disciplinary functions that address the organizational needs of the Shoreline Medical Center laboratory.
- 4.1 Provides feedback with documentation to Manager for each technologists performance evaluations. Provides detailed documentation of performance, provides positive feedback when performance exceeds expectations. Provides suggestions when performance requires improvement.
- 5. Participates in activities that demonstrate commitment to competency, career growth and professionalism and customer service.
- 5.1 Demonstrates sensitivity to needs of co-workers and patients by monitoring adherence to policies governing confidentially. Takes immediate action when violation occurs.
BS Medical Technology with ASCP certification
Clinical laboratory experience in Chemistry/Hematology Lab