To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Communicates and follows-up with patients, physicians, internal departments and external sources/providers as necessary to ensure smooth and efficient patient flow throughout the pre and post surgery process. Triages needed preoperative consults and referrals from patient history and/or physical examination. Performs various duties including counseling patients on financing options, scheduling appointments and tests, obtaining patient health history information, etc. Reviews all preoperative clinical information and results from patient consults. Tracks patient status and all other requirements using tracking tool software program and checklists.
- 1. Bariatric Patient Flow.
- 1.1 Manage patients' status to ensure patients move through the process from seminar to surgery as efficiently as possible.
- 2. Patient Tracking
- 2.1 Develop expertise on diet history, medically supervised weight loss, and psychological evaluation requirements.
- 3. Collaboration with Administrative Staff
- 3.1 Provide guidance on contacting external providers to obtain and collate missing paperwork on behalf of patient.
- 4. Professional Behavior
- 4.1 Attend staff meetings and multidisciplinary meetings as requested.
- 5. Multidisciplinary Collaboration
- 5.1 Participates as active member of the multidisciplinary bariatric team, leads team, as appropriate, in forums discussing patient care.
- 6. Medication Administration.
- 6.1 Clarifies any questions regarding physician prescriptions and preoperative plan of care with provider.
- 7. Team Participation
- 7.1 Participates in interdisciplinary conferences.
- 8. Clinical Competency
- 8.1 Attends all mandatory and continuing educational classes.
- 9. RN Duties in Ambulatory Setting
- 9.1 Assists with all duties in care of patients in clinic as needed.
- 10. Quality Improvement Activities
- 10.1 Participate in data collection relating to clinical and operational efficiencies.
B.S.N. degree preferred.
Minimum of two (2) years RN experience required. Experience working with Bariatric patients preferred.
CT Registered Nurse Licensure
Knowledge and skill in the use of computer systems and software including Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.). Strong interpersonal skills to effectively and accurately communicate with patients, physicians and related clinical staff. Strong organizational skills to accurately keep track of patient status. Ability to review and interpret lab and test results. Time management and multi-tasking ability to monitor numerous patients simultaneously. Ability to function well as an integral member of a multidisciplinary team and promote cooperative teamwork. Ability to lead multidisciplinary patient review meetings.
Motivation and commitment to assist patients in fulfilling the requirements for bariatric surgery.