To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Coordinates and supervises all departmental activities. Directs, educates and assists nursing staff in the provision of quality patient care according to department standards of practice and standards of care to maintain quality services. Assists Nurse Manager in providing leadership support to staff, scheduling and evaluating personnel. Plans, develops, facilitates and coordinates the operation of the unit/department.
- 1. Serves as part of the ED leadership team, providing shift supervision by being a role model, mentor, and clinical resource for staff.
- 2. Provides real-time accountability of staff, problem solving while acting as a facilitator of patient and staff satisfaction.
- 3. Oversees ED patient care by collaborating with physicians, staff and other disciplines to facilitate flow, maintain quality measures, ensure optimal and appropriate utilization of resources, while advocating for patients and staff.
- 4. Inspires, motivates and provides regular feedback to staff throughout the year, in addition to accurate and meaningful annual performance evaluations.
- 5. Assists the leadership team in establishing and implementing patient care policies and protocols; researches and keeps current in evidence-based processes; participates in unit and hospital-wide committees and disseminates pertinent information to staff.
- 6. Assists manager with hiring new staff utilizing the staff interview process.
- 7. Assists manager with, staff to adjust resource allocations to demands.
- 8. Demonstrates appropriate clinical competencies for the nursing unit in order to evaluate, plan and/or provide patient care through delegation, consulting or as a direct patient care provider.
- 9. Meets performance expectations for Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, and Staff and Self Development as outlined in performance review.
- 10. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth operation of the department/unit.
Graduate of an approved nursing school. BSN required or matriculation within six months.
3 ? 5 years clinical experience required. One year of charge nurse or equivalent experience preferred.
Current CT RN Licensure
Certification in specialty area, B-CEN, required within two years of occupying position.
BLS. ACLS, PALS, TNCC (6700 only)required upon hire, CPI within 6 months.