To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Provides administrative support to department management and related staff to ensure efficient office operation. Involved in a more active and broader coordination capacity for area projects and tasks. Coordinates and completes varied ongoing and one-time projects under direction of the Director. Provides administrative support to the Chair to ensure efficient operation of the office of the Department of Psychiatry, including scheduling and calendar coordination. Involved in a more active and broader coordination capacity for department meetings, projects and tasks including department committees, CME credit for physicians, CME credit approval for educational offerings in-house and in the community. Manages the clinical practice of the Chair as a practicing physician.
- Utilizes various word processing software, (word processing, spreadsheets and graphics) to produce quality documents and related support material.
- Assists in effectively organizing work flow of multiple area projects and tasks.
- Organizes, maintains, retrieves and disseminates information in accordance with office procedures. Ensures outstanding issues and pending matters are brought to closure.
- Answers routine inquiries and directs other inquiries and requests as appropriate. Routes incoming and outgoing correspondence as necessary.
- Initiates and maintains scheduling, calendars and travel itinerary for one or more individuals.
- Prepares original written correspondence, reports for management/staff review and revisions.
- May be required to assist other department(s) staff or communicate and coordinate activities in regard to completing projects/tasks.
- Sets up, organizes and maintains ongoing systems (i.e., tickler files, small databases, record-keeping systems), to ensure efficient office operations.
- Meets performance expectations for Standards of Professional Behavior.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth operation of the department/unit.
- Manages the Chair/physician’s electronic schedule.
- Schedules Department and Department Committee meetings. Prepares and distributes agendas, attends, records and distributes minutes, creates and distributes reports and assists with presentations as requested.
- Collects, tracks and records CME credits for physicians and notifies them of current documented CME credits in a timely fashion before the reappointment date. At the time of reappointment, reports documented credits to the Medical Staff Office. Maintains these files in continuous readiness for CSMS survey.
- Distributes the application packet for CME credit for offerings for physicians in-house and in the community.
- Assists with completion of the packet to ensure compliance with guidelines for awarding CME credit. Maintains records to ensure continuation of a strong effective CME program, which meets requirements to guarantee continuation of accreditation.
- Supports the clinical practice of the Chair/physician in patient scheduling, registration, ordering, charging and Coordination; in office reception and telephone.
- Works independently as required on multiple department special projects.
- Tracks department budget and monitors capital budget expenditures.
- Orders all supplies and forms.
- Maintains the on-call schedule for providers for LMH and WH. Tracks days worked/not worked by department providers regardless of their employing organization
- Assists department providers with meeting regulatory and other documentary requirements for maintaining their practice.
Education: High School graduate or equivalent.
Experience: Position is required to have the knowledge base of a secretary; at least two to three years administrative support experience is required.
Training: On the job training on work procedures.
Licensure: Not applicable
Other: Outstanding interpersonal skills that are maintained in difficult situations. Ability to work independently and with clinical staff to promote a consistent, therapeutic environment for patient care. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred