To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the general supervision of the Real Estate Property Manager, the Real Estate Coordinator has the primary responsibility for the management of specific office, commercial and industrial real estate owned by Yale-New Haven Hospital, Yale School of Medicine, Yale School of Nursing, Yale-New Haven Medical Center, Inc. and Yale New Haven Health Services Corporation. Supports the design, development, maintenance, and negotiation of service contracts, security, construction and/or renovations projects, and the reconditioning of property as specified within the lease or management services agreements. Oversees the maintenance personnel who perform the routine property maintenance activities. Obtains competitive bids from outside contractors for major repairs and renovations. Handles all tenant inquires. Assists in developing the annual operating budget.
- 1. Oversees and leads the day to day activities of the property maintenance personnel assigned to leased and owned properties.
- 2. Under the supervision of the Property Manager, oversees the management of 3rd party property managers at locations in the YNHH network.
- 3. Performs regular inspections of the properties to assess the need for maintenance and capital improvements. Recommends specific maintenance and repair actions in order to maintain and upgrade the condition of the properties. Solicits proposals for service contracts and oversees existing contracts.
- 4. Handles all tenant inquiries by telephone, in person, or through written correspondence.
- 5. Meets as necessary with tenants, prospective tenants, Hospital and University personnel to assure efficient operations.
- 6. Oversees performance of contracted vendors such as security guards, cleaning service, landscaping, HVAC and elevators. Monitors and inspects the work of outside contractors to ensure quality and timelines.
- 7. Develops maintenance task schedule on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to ensure continuous operations and high levels of tenant satisfaction.
- 8. Oversees all purchases and expenses associated with property maintenance and repairs, including payment to suppliers, vendors and contractors.
- 9. Identifies revenue enhancement and cost reduction opportunities.
- 10. Works under the direction of both the Director, HSC Real Estate, and the Property Manager to assist in the negotiation and/or renewal of real estate leasing contracts for YNHH delivery network tenants (i.e. shows space, negotiates proposals and leasing contracts and directs 3rd party brokers)
- 11. Property management responsibilities encompass approximately 1 million square feet at multiple locations.
- 12. Management of the properties entails travel and on-call responsibilities.
- 13. Is knowledgeable with the new Prolease data base and is able to retreive information when necessary. Provides reports and analysis of Prolease as required.
- 14. Is the key leader in fire and life safety policies with the Regulatary Readiness team, working with enforcing these policies at the off-site locations. This includes fire drills, sprinkler testing, fire extinguisher inspections, emergency/exit signs and testing, and fire marshall inspections and keeping track of these inspections at the site and in office files.
- 15. Is the key leader in working with both Security and Johnson Controls with maintaining the proper security at the off-site properties.
- 16. Ensures proper oversight of exterior and interior sign program.
Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent. Real Estate License preferred; but, not required.
5-7 years of real estate experience, including previous property management experience with direct involvement in planning, design, construction and fit up. Healthcare building management is a plus. Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
Real Estate License preferred but not required.
Must have a current driver's license and an acceptable driving record.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Strong negotiating capability. Able to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously. Detailed-oriented preferred. Ability to communicate with physicians and a wide range of other personnel. Is trained and is knowledgeable with Prolease data base knowledge a plus. Is also the key leader in fire and life safety policies with the Regulatary Readiness team, working with enforcing these policies at the off-site locations. This includes, fire drills, sprinkler testing, fire extinguisher inspections, emergency/exit signs and testing,
Significant amount of walking required. Must be mobile and travel to all sites of the YNHHS. Hours of work will vary, including some evenings and some weekends, as necessary. Standard office environment with outside and off-site local travel required at times. The ability to walk and negotiate buildings, spaces and houses without assistance or reasonable accommodation.