To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The ITS Manager Applications II reports to ITS Manager Applications IV with responsibility of managing Epic Certified Application Analysts. These staff are responsible for working with clinical subject matter experts (SMEs) to design and build the Epic system based on best practice methods. These staff validate the build with SMEs, work with Epic resources, test the system build at the unit, functional and integrated level. These staff are integral in the cutover and go live planning and implementation. Post Go Live the staff are responsible for working with the end user for workflow knowledge transfer and optimization of workflows; including regular Software Updates (SUs). Application Coordinators and ITS resources will report directly to the ITS Manager Application II. The ITS Manager is responsible for independently formulating and implementing solutions to respond to and resolve customer requests, issues and problems, while meeting the changing demands and priorities of the hospitals and the third party environments. They will coordinate issues within their teams and escalate as appropriate to the ITS Manager Applications IV. ITS Managers are expected to become involved in the install planning and coordination activities and assign tasks to resources on their teams. The ITS Managers serve as a bridge between our teams and our Epic resources, our other ITS Managers, our ITS Leadership and our End Users. They also ensures positive interactions with patients, family members, third party representatives and all hospital personnel; promoting good customer relations.
- 1. Maintain open communication with the Epic resources and our managers and leaders to ensure the system meets the organizations business and clinical needs adhering to Policies, Procedures, Compliance guidelines and other regulatory mandates.
- 2. Be aware of workflow options and understand the pros and cons while developing application build Specifications.
- 3. Manage the team resources to make sure analysis of workflows is in-depth, data collection is thorough, report details are adequate, and other technical requirements required are achieved so the users needs are met.
- 4. Follow system standards related to workflow analysis, system specs generation, proof of concept validation and sign off, system config, application and integrated testing, change control, training, and implementations.
- 5. Investigate requests by end users; consider change requests to the vendor as necessary.
- 6. Respond to End Users questions promptly; meeting the SLA standards.
- 7. Analyze business operations as necessary; review analysis performed by others; prioritize and implement requested changes; while validating that change control was followed.
- 8. Analyze new functionality in SU's and new releases to determine how it should be used, if at all. Oversight on processes to be followed with upgrades and other database updates (testing and end user validation); be sure change control is followed.
- 9. - Oversight on potential system enhancements from Epic and enhancement requests from end users.
- 10. Assist with specification details as needed; oversight with interfacing activities to ensure business needs are met.
- 11. Facilitate the development and documentation of internal procedures.
- 12. Assist in the troubleshooting problems and questions from end users
- 13. Oversight on reports being developed for end users to ensure their needs are being met.
- 14. Ensure Health system policies are being followed and that staff are maintaining their annual training requirements.
- 15. Conduct performance reviews; Submit Kronos Time and Esrip call entries for staff.
Bachelor's Degree required
5 years of progressive, relevant experience (healthcare or IT) required. Two years experience at the supervisory or lead capacity level preferred.
Experience as a Systems Analyst. Ability to analyze workflow to recommend and develop application solutions. Ability to research and interpret data; to include reporting, preparing and presenting data.
Epic Certification Preferred.
Must be able to set direction and effectively provide guidance and direction to team members and assess team members appropriately for performance reviews. Able to identify and solve problems; aware of need to escalate decisions. Must be advocate for team and create a positive work environment; while motivating and managing a work group. Ability to lead meetings, prioritize, resolve conflicts, maintain issue lists, and delegate activities as necessary to achieve the project plan. Strong communication and follow up skills required. Detail-oriented with ability to probe for information to fully understand the underlying needs. Must have ability to work independently
with minimal supervision and capable of taking leadership role in managing end user relationship and taking diverse inputs towards consensus. Ability to deal with a number of tasks simultaneously, possessing a basic understanding of computer systems capabilities to address process requirements, analytical skills and knowledge
or experience working with Microsoft Office suite of tools required. Strong attention to detail and ability to communicate efficiently are essential. Problem solving and organization skills, innovative thinking, collaborative team participation and customer service skills required.
ITS Manager will be required to carry a Laptop from time to time to various meetings on campuses. Will need to transport self to various locations. Will be required to work days, evenings and nights and weekends at times. Sitting at a computer typing for numerous hours is standard.