To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
A professional licensed Physical Therapist who is responsible for evaluation and treatment of patients, development and follow through of treatment plans to address patient needs in accordance with hospital policies and APTA standards of practice. Provides supervision to physical therapy assistants and support staff.?????
- 1. Performs a comprehensive evaluation as evidenced by the clinical documentation.
- 1.1 Evaluation is comprehensive and appropriate to patient's age and diagnosis.
- 2. Demonstrates competence in all physical therapy modalities and procedures in accordance with departmental policies.
- 2.1 Demonstrates competence with use of equipment in department.
- 3. Documentation of evaluations, re-evaluations, and progress notes is professional, concise, accurate, and timely.
- 3.1 Is responsible to write legible, concise, relevant, timely, and inclusive documentation that communicates care provided, patient status, and ongoing needs.
- 4. Demonstrates leadership skills in supervision of physical therapy assistants and aides.
- 4.1 Appropriately delegates patient care interventions to PTA following APTA guidelines. Is aware of PTA schedules and regularly shares patients with assistants.
- 5. Knows how to coordinate work. Works in an organized and efficient manner.
- 5.1 Displays ability to treat more than one patient at a time as modalities and treatments allow.
- 6. Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- 6.1 Maintains mature and professional manner with fellow employees, exhibiting composure and confidence even during stressful situations.
- 7. Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a team inter- and intradepartmenally to facilitate the department's ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- 7.1 Demonstrates willingness and ability to assist others as requested.
- 8. Maintains and enhances personal knowledge as well a promoting professional standards in physical therapy. Attends all safety related training programs.
- 8.1 Seeks opportunities to advance skills and knowledge from other staff, professional organizations, and attending continuing education programs.
Graduate of an accredited school of Physical Therapy with a B.S., M.S., or D. degree.
At least 3 months probationary period commencing with date of hire.?????
Rhode Island PT license or eligible. CPR certification?????