To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The RN is responsible for admission of patients for home care services, development of the patient plan of care, coordination with patient's provider and other disciplines for the provision of services, and safe delivery of patient care.
- 1. Assesses/reassesses patients and establishes plans of care that are patient specific.
- 2. Collaborates with providers, other disciplines, and communicates all changes promptly.
- 3. Assesses payment sources and is responsible for ensuring ongoing authorizations as necessary.
- 4. Educates and instructs patients/caregivers in their ongoing medical maintenance. Begins discharge planning on admission.
- 5. Completes all documentation within 24 hours. Must include changes in condition, follow-up with provider or other disciplines with supporting documentation.
- 6. Evaluation pf patient progress and prompt action
- 7. Oversight of LPNs and Home Health Aides.
- 8. Participates in case management conferences and documents per guidelines.
- 9. Schedules patients independently according to the individual plan of care.
- 10. Attends all staff meetings, inservices, other required meetings. Compliance with all mandatory requirements.
- 11. Follows policies and procedures.
- 12. Thorough and accurate OASIS documentation.
Nursing Diploma or Associates Degree in Nursing. Bachelors in Nursing preferred.
Minimum two years nursing experience in an acute care setting. Previous home care experience desirable, but not required.
Registered Nurse with Valid (or eligible) Connecticut license.
Excellent clinical knowledge, verbal/written skills, and organizational skills. Must be able to work independently. Able to competently assess patients' needs and follow through accordingly. Strong ability to work with providers and members of the multidisciplinary team.
Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity which may include heavy lifting and extensive bending and standing.