To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for developing content for media relations to be used on the website and social media as well as pushed out to the media. This new position will oversee development of content for all service lines at Yale New Haven Health and add to website content, providing a new, defined and targeted way to reach the media rather than traditional public relations. This person will not be writing press releases, rather this person will develop stories of interest to media and post them in places on social media and online to draw media to YNHHS. The position will assist the Dir. Public Relations in building a Content Strategy for Media and expand on the media release process. Will be responsible for writing approximately 3-5 online posts per week and one or more long-form research-based piece of content per month on service line advances that adhere to style guidelines and brand voice. Must stay up-to-date on current marketing, advertising, and tech news to make informed curation decisions. Will draft long form pieces for CEO social sites as well as potential op-ed pieces. Position will actively monitor performance metrics for content and suggest new outlets for news when appropriate.
- 1. Media Relations
- 1.1 Partner with media relations team to amplify press releases. Post relevant content for media on hospital websites creating tool kits and resources for larger releases
- 2. Content Creation
- 2.1 Responsible for creating 3-5 online posts per week and one long-form research-based piece of content per month on service line advances that adhere to style guidelines and brand voice.
- 3. Senior level writing
- 3.1 Partner with Health System CEO on Linked In page. This involves creating a media calendar, drafting long and short-form pieces for approval, and monitoring and responding to posts. This could expand beyond the CEO and beyond Linked In as the position ramps up.
- 4. Marketing/Communications Support
- 4.1 Be up-to-date on current marketing, advertising, and tech news to make informed curation decisions.
- 5. Internal Communications Support
- 5.1 Draft articles based on media stories for publications at each Delivery Network
Bachelor's Degree required. Preferably in Journalism, English, Communications or Public Relations.
Minimum 4-6 years experience as a writer. Healthcare experience preferred. Must possess skills in translating complex stories for lay audience. Background in branded content/editorial development as well as strong experience in social media content and publishing. Excellent written and video storytelling experience is required. Experience speech writing is a plus.
Excellent communications and writing skills with emphasis on writing for the web and media - this position will convey the vision, expertise, culture, services, successes and progress of Yale New Haven Health and its delivery networks. Position will plan, drive, implement, monitor and measure communications and/or marketing plans to advance Yale New Haven Health's mission, strategic plan and goals. Will need to demonstrate critical thinking and project management skills. Must be able to work independently as well as part of a large team.