To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
Assists with providing leadership, program management, operational direction and strategic initiatives associated with the Stroke Center Program. Assists Department of Medicine Service with various projects working collaboratively with others in planning, implementing and facilitating initiatives.
- 1. Assists in maintaining responsibility for all clinical and administrative aspects, initiatives and responsibilities associated with the Stroke program.
- 1.1 Assists physician leader and Director with ongoing management of the Stroke program.
- 2. Maintains and prepares for compliance readiness related to ongoing Joint Commission and state certification, or recertification, or Primary Stroke Center.
- 2.1 Assists with preparing all necessary certification and recertification documents and remains current with stroke center regulatory guidelines, changes, and updates.
- 3. Assists physician leaders(s) with Stroke Program quality improvement process.
- 3.1 Assists in the development of objectives for the Stroke Program and develops an action plan to accomplish set goals.
- 4. Collaborates and works with physicians and staff to assess educational needs of patients, families and community.
- 4.1 Assesses needs and collaborates with physicians and clinical staff to develop and provide ongoing stroke education for staff.
- 5. Assists Director with management and oversight of Department of Medicine initiatives.
- 5.1 Assists Director with management and oversight of various programs and initiatives.
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required; Master's degree in Nursing or Healthcare preferred.
Five (5) to Seven (7) years experience in acute care, healthcare management, or care coordination required. Experience in a combination of the following is essential: critical care, clinical process improvement, outcomes management, case management, education planning, business development, physician relations, marketing, strategic planning and/or financial analysis. Knowledge and understanding of standards related to "Get With The Guidelines-Stroke" preferred.
Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Connecticut required.
Background in neuroscience/stroke care and rehabilitation. Must possess understanding of clinical processes, organizational dynamics and process improvement. Must be self motivated, goal oriented and able to work independently. Must have the ability to develop relationships and work collaboratively and effectively in partnership with physicians, clinical staff, hospital departments and outside organizations. Must have excellent assessment, communication and organizational skills with the ability to manage and follow through on multiple priorities. Must have ability and/or experience collaborating with senior leaders and physicians on business strategies and tactics. Excellent critical thinking, analysis and assessment skills for successful process improvement planning and monitoring. Position requires recognition as a leader demonstrating excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, problem solving and customer service skills and ability to lead and motivate work teams.