To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Nurse Manager, Occupational Health Services has responsibility for overseeing all activities of the Occupational Health Center and Employee Health Services at both L+M and Westerly Hospitals.
- 1. Consistently directs activities so that quality services are provided in an efficient and cost effective manner
- 2. Implements and optimizes work flow processes to ensure high quality care and minimize wait times.
- 3. Provides direct nursing support as needed.
- 4. Maintains a working knowledge of state and federal regulations regarding occupational health.
- 5. Provides accurate and consistent interpretations and applications or Human Resources policies.
- 6. Actively engages staff by listening to their needs, ideas and suggestions. Demonstrates strong active listening skills by asking questions and seeking understanding. Includes staff recommendations to optimize processes and work flows.
- 7. Conducts monthly staff meetings and ensures an agenda and follow-up. Updates supervisor on progress.
- 8. Ensures daily team huddles that includes all available and updates all others on these discussions.
- 9. Builds bridges between clinical and non-clinical staff, helps to clarify roles, and aligns the entire staff to promote efficiency, effectiveness and a positive work environment.
Bachelor's Degree In Nursing/Related Field Or Certified Occupational Health Nurse Specialist Required. Masters Degree In Related Field Preferred.
Must Have (5) Years Of Occupational Health Experience And Previous Management Experience. Excellent Organizational And Communication Skills As Well As Ability To Coordinate Multi-Layered Clinical Service Activities.
Current Connecticut And Ri Registered Nurse Licenses.
Demonstrates Effective Leadership Skills