To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The qualified candidate has working knowledge of the operation and information management of medical technology and its role in the delivery of healthcare. The person is a team member for the enterprise wide collaboration of multiple departments necessary to support medical device integration, clinical information systems, clinical imaging systems, and patient safety initiatives. A key member of discussions vertically and across clinical service lines (such as Radiology, Cardiology, Neurosciences, Anesthesia, GastroInterology, etc.) which touch in every delivery network of Yale New Haven Health System to include diverse groups of MIS personnel and physician staff, nursing and technical employees. Giving the health system greater technical capacity to resolve complex technical issues as they relate to EHR integrations, reporting to the internal financial strategy, external regulatory/governing bodies, information technology infrastructure, server hardware and software, PC technologies, and medical equipment vendors.
- 1. Knowledge of clinical systems architecture used for medical device interoperability.
- 2. Under general supervision provides technical guidance in the installation of FDA regulated medical devices and required provisions such as network, power, mounting.
- 3. Makes recommendations to management on systems? software, hardware selection, and infrastructure design.
- 4. Works directly with ITS to develop the appropriate integrations with all other clinical information systems including integration with the clinical community's varied information systems.
- 5. Coordination of installation, monitoring, maintenance, troubleshooting, documentation, configuration, performance, and testing of hardware, software, and networks used for integration of imaging and biomedical devices.
- 6. Analyzes, defines, configures, and tests clinical device data used for transmitting Health Level 7 (?HL7?), DICOM, or other associated data to the EMR(s), integration engines, and analytics databases.
- 7. Work with other information technology groups on the exchange, integration, sharing, and retrieval of electronic health information to define how information is packaged and communicated from one party to another, setting the language, structure and data types required for seamless integration between systems
- 8. Responsible for identifying and addressing the root cause of issues to effectively restore clinical operations and develop strategies for preventing them in the future.
- 9. Responsible for gathering customer requirements, analyzing and documenting current and future state workflows relating to medical equipment placement and operation. Provides detailed support documentation for applications, installation instructions, and honds on training as applicable.
- 10. Awareness and consultation to SAN environments including hardware, software and firmware updates.
- 11. General understanding of the DICOM protocol and its function within the TCP-IP stack, with extended awareness to SQL Server database environment.
- 12. Adheres to hospital wide security initiatives to provide a secure computing environment, application of all software updates within this environment, as well as maintenance and implementation of new and existing technologies.
- 13. Demonstrates cooperative interaction with co-workers and other hospital employees, works collaboratively with other departments to achieve patient care goals.
- 14. Work with a clinical and technical team to analyze and implement efficient workflow processes.
- 15. Maintains flexibility in work assignments and provides support to others as can be helpful to the success of the group in meeting its goals and responsibilities.
- 16. Demonstrates ability to perform with optimum use of time and materials.
- 17. Supports the department and organization?s mission and goals.
- 18. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Associate's degree in technical discipline built in the foundations of Biomedical Engineering, or Computer Information Systems, or Computer Science or related disciplines and work related experience. Bachelor's degree preferred.
Technical project management, implementation, and operational support experience preferred in a healthcare environment. Three (3) years of experience with health care professionals and clinical information systems. Experience working with customers to gather system requirements, documenting workflow, and providing technical solutions. Knowledge of medical devices including but not limited to radiology modalities, physiological monitoring, medication administration equipment, and respiratory ventilation. Working knowledge of either Clinical Imagng Information Systems or knowledge of medical device technology.
Self-motivated individual interested in learning new technologies to improve patient care and clinical quality. Customer service oriented individual comfortable with interacting with clinicians, technical and operational staff. Working knowledge of a biomedical equipment, facilities planning, inventory management, and quality control.