To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Working in the YNHHS Medical Staff Administration Department, the Physician Contract Coordinator is responsible to the Physician Contract Manager in coordinating the day to day activities involved in maintaining a signed written agreement for each physician arrangement as well as the renewal and amendment processes for each physician contract within YNHHS. Responsible for tracking expiration dates and working with the physician and contract business owner to ensure that contracts are renewed before expiration. Responsible for thorough and accurate data entry into contract management software of all key data elements as determined by the Manager. Educates physicians on appropriate time tracking procedures and use of relevant software. Monitors for compliance.
- Coordinates the initial contracting, amendment and contract renewal process for all physicians and other practitioners (as applicable) as directed by the Physician Contract Manager.
- Facilitates the contract review process overseeing each step in the process established by the Physician Contract Manager.
- Ensures that the proper contract template is identified and utilized and that tracking of all reviews is documented in the contract management database.
- Drafts from approved templates and/or prepares contracts for review.
- Engages Physician Contract Manager regarding any negotiations or changes to contracts beyond standard pre-approved modifications.
- Ensures that a final, signed contract is appropriately filed electronically.
- Notifies business owner(s) and physician of the final contract and provides appropriate copies and contract number.
- Monitors contracts on a daily basis for expiration and initiates appropriate review, renewal and signature as directed.
- Monitors and responds to all PhysicianContracts email inbox communications and requests.
- Manages time effectively and stays organized to ensure implementation of current processes.
- Escalates and resolves issues as appropriate.
2. Contract management database functions.
- Ensures that duplicate contracts and vendors are not entered into the contract management database.
- Ensures contracts have all required attachments, supporting documents and are consistent with system guides and contract policy(ies). Works with the business owners to obtain the missing documentation and information.
- Follows up on all communications regarding contract status.
- Completes all fields in the contract management database to accurately reflect the contract terms and ensures that the complete package is submitted for review.
- Sets up appropriate reminders to keep track of expiration date, FMV review, bonus payment or incentive payment and any other critical information.
- Monitors expiration dates of contracts and works with business owners to ensure contract file reflects the current status of the contract terms at all times.
- Assists business owners with renewal.
- Collaborates with the Compensation team on obtaining FMV evaluation reports.
- Provides ongoing education to business owners regarding best contracting practices.
- Provides training in contract management database, if needed.
3. Facilitates payment to physician in accordance with contract terms.
- Educates physicians as to how to record time worked in order to receive payment.
- Audits physician time records to ensure compliance with contract terms.
- Ensures that physicians are paid in a timely manner and consistent with contract terms. Works with Accounts Payable and Human Resources departments accordingly.
- Communicates with Accounts Payable regarding inquiries, clarifies whether a contract is required or provides a contract number if a contract already exists.
4. Teamwork and customer service.
- Provides exceptional internal and external customer service and communication in person, via email, phone, and responds to requests in a timely manner.
- Acts as a team player.
- Attends meetings as requested. Occasional travel to other delivery networks may be required.
- Maintains the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Performs other duties and ad hoc projects as directed and under the supervision of the Physician Contract Manager.
Bachelor's degree in a related field required. Applicants with significant (5-7 years) direct experience in managing physician contracts and demonstrated competence will be considered.
Minimum of 2-3 years experience in managing physician or other health care related contracts required.
Demonstration of outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Previous use of software systems to manage physician contracts or other similar software systems with transferable skills. Understanding of contract structure/organization and ability to read and understand contract terms. Extraordinary detail and accuracy, ability to work towards hard deadlines and influence others involved in the process to complete necessary work to meet them. Ability to manage multiple tasks in various states of completion towards a deadline with minimal to no supervision. Self starter and highly motivated to complete tasks.
Must be able to work at a desk using a computer and phone for extended periods of time. Some travel on foot to meetings and other locations within the individuals assigned site/delivery network may be required.