To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for assisting physicians and physician assistants with partient care, clerical, environmental and organizational tasks. Assists in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of physician and physician assistants. Conveys a positive image. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- 1. Effectively works in collaboration with providers and clinical /clerical staff to provide direct/indirect care to patients and families.
- 1.1 Prepares patient for visit. Includes, but is not limited to: height and weight, history intake, vital signs, pulse oximetry, and documents findings.
- 2. Maintains patient records effectively.
- 2.1 Updates and maintains census records and provides those records to designated recipient when requested. b. Assists staff in the collection of quality, utilization, and satisfaction data. c. Participates in quality assurance monitoring of service, patient care and operational efficiency indicators, and follows up with appropriate interventions and problem solving as indicated in documentation review and by feedback from the health care team.
- 3. Performs a range of duties required to coordinate the billing and follow-up of each patient account. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Ensure providers submit timely and accurate billing.
- 4. The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's / area's/ department's policies and procedures.
- 5. Cross-trained to provide administrative and clerical coverage for reception area as needed.
- 6. Perform other duties as assigned.
High school degree or equivalent required. Completion of a medical assisting program and certification required.
Experience working in a hospital or medical office environment preferred. Medical Assistant/Administrative Front Desk Experience for busy Neurology Office.
Medical Assisting Certification required. CPR certification required.
Experience with Medical terminology and skills associated with medical assisting and CPR are required to assist the physician and physician assistants with patient evaluation and follow up treatment.
Pleasant office setting. Standing, sitting and walking most of the day and working with lightweight equipment. The job is rated with a light physical demand level. There is moderate amount of stress dealing with a corporate environment.