To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for preparing all aspects of cold food production for patients, staff, visitors, and customers as well as for catered functions. Food preparation will be completed using standardized recipes and production sheets or tally sheets. Documentation of foods prepared, temperatures and leftovers may be required. Associate will follow HACCP standards for food preparation and food storage. Other responsibilities include general sanitation and cleaning of kitchen equipment and use of industrial food service equipment.
- 1. Follows departmental infection control policies and procedures, particularly hand washing, personal hygiene and uniform cleanliness.
- 2. Sanitation and Safety: complies with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations during food preparation and department sanitation. Maintains a clean, sanitary working environment. Reports needed maintenance or repairs of equipment used to immediate supervisor. Identifies and utilizes cleaning chemicals following directions recommended by manufactures and per MSDS. Routinely selects cleaning materials based upon the equipment to be cleaned. Utilizes equipment in performing job functions according to department safety procedures. Cleans and sanitizes food service equipment based upon daily task assignment. Uses proper protection equipment when working with chemicals and food waste (latex gloves, masks, apron, clean uniform, safety cutting glove, and goggles).
- 3. Completes all assigned tasks within the timeframe of the job flow, as well as added assignments to meet operational needs. Prepares patient/cafeteria/catering menu items on production sheets in accordance with forecasted and/or tallied quantities following established recipes for all items. Follow established HACCP procedures based upon hospital and state standards. Follows standardized recipes, portioning, temperature controls, and presentation standards. Completes and utilizes daily production worksheets and leftover logs. Tastes completed items to ensure food quality. Stores, wraps, labels and dates all food items according to policy. Utilizes leftover food products per the direction of immediate supervisor.
- 4. Work area is kept clean and neat at all times. Practices' clean as you go? when working.
- 5. Utilizes and maintains equipment in performing job functions according to department safety procedures. Follows hospital safety policies and procedures to include incident reporting immediately after accident occurs and helps maintain a safe work environment for other team members.
- 6. Communicates any patient or customer related problem to appropriate supervisor immediately following the complaint.
- 7. Participates and attends area and departmental meetings, education sessions and staff development programs as appropriate.
- 8. Utilizes and maintains equipment in performing job functions according to department safety procedures.
- 9. Accepts assignments and changes in schedule as necessary.
- 10. Performs other duties as assigned.
High School or Equivalent
2 years prior cold food production in a health care setting or related experience
Excellent communication skills required (verbal, reading and writing) in order to follow written and verbal instructions when interacting with others. Excellent customer service skills expected to be displayed while working. Proficient in basic mathematical skills for simple calculations. Must be able to demonstrate the safe handling of a knife and meat slicer.
Daily physical activity, required ability to stand and walk more than 7 hours per day for full time shifts and the entire shift for part-time shifts , with the ability to lift, push, pull carts, pallets, food supplies and disposable supplies (occasionally up to 50 pounds, frequently up to 30 pounds and/or continuously up to 10 pounds). Work environment involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises which require following basic safety percautions and working with cleaning chemicals and sharp knives requiring personal protective equipment (PPE) provided