To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs a variety of tasks related to the clinical operations of the Sterile Processing (SP) Department and surgical case cart system. Oversees the daily operations of the surgical cases carts ensuring readiness/appropriateness for surgical cases. Oversees the surgical case cart system; audits and oversees surgical pick sheet appropriateness; orders supplies as needed to ensure adequate levels for patient care; collaborates with clinical teams to review/revise instrument kits/peel packs. Serves as technical resource for SPD technicians and OR team members.
- 1. Monitors location and availability of surgical case carts in alignment with the surgical/procedural schedule
- 2. Oversees the daily preparation and delivery of the surgical case carts
- 3. Audits appropriateness/accurateness of surgical pick sheets
- 4. Audits completion of surgical case carts prior to transport to the procedural area
- 5. Demonstrates technical knowledge of decontamination, instrument assembly and preparation, sterilization and case cart assembly.
- 6. Serves as technical resource for SPD technicians
- 7. Serves as a technical resource for Certified Surgical Techs and RN?s
- 8. Assists SPD Manager in departmental readiness for regulatory survey/activity
- 9. Collaborates with Surgeons/Clinical Associates to drive changes of surgical instrument sets, purchase of new instruments/disposables
- 10. Leads educational sessions related to quality control initiatives for surgical case carts and/or new instruments and disposables
- 11. Assists SPD Manager with the collection of SPD monthly statistics, development and revision of department policy/procedure, and implementation of quality improvement initiatives
- 12. Leads/drives project management and department initiatives in a timely and efficient manner
- 13. Meets performance expectations for the Standards of Professional Behavior
- 14. Meets performance expectations for Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, and Staff and Self-Development as outlined in performance review
- 15. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth operation of the department/unit
Minimum High School graduate; college experience preferred.
Minimum three (3) years? experience in SPD/OR required; surgical tech experience preferred; supervisory experience preferred.
CS technical certification by an approved agency required within two years of hire. Medical terminology preferred.