To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Coordinates All Patient Care Activities. Responsible For Transcribing Physician Orders And All Activities Related To Completion Of Those Orders. Communicates All Information To Various Levels.
- 1. Exhibits Ability To Prioritize Activities.
- 2. Assists Others In Obtaining And Sharing Pertinent Information. Notifies Appropriate Rn Or Department Of Stat Orders. Coordinates Desk Communication Activities During A Code Or Other Emergency Situation.
- 3. Knows Protocol Requirements And Sequences For Lab Tests, Radiology Procedures, The O. R. And Their Checklist Which Includes Consent Forms. Serves As A Resource To Unit Staff Regarding Protocol Requirements And Sequencing For Lab Tests And X-Ray Procedures.
- 4. Accurately Transcribes Physician?S Orders Into Computer, On Kardex Or Manually On Requisition.
- 5. Schedules Patients For Special Tests With Appropriate Departments And Relays Pertinent Information.
- 6. Maintains Patient Medical Records By Accurately Dating And Recording Tpr Sheets, Recording 24 Hour Intake And Output On Graphic Sheet As Requested, Stocking And Thinning Charts, Preparing Intake And Output Sheets, Organizing Discharge Patient Records.
- 7. Coordinates All Documentation Necessary For Interdepartmental Transfers And Discharges To Other Facilities. Checks Pre-Op Charts For Completion Of Consent Forms, Tests, Etc. And Notifies Rn Of Missing Information As Able. Changes Charts For Pending Surgery Or Diagnostic Tests.
- 8. Orders Unit Supplies From Central Service Or Stockroom As Needed And Enters Appropriate Charges.
- 9. Maintains And Communicates Accurate Census Count Of The Unit.
- 10. Assists In Data Collection, Qa And Statistical Tracking Of Unit Activities. Maintains Appropriate Logbooks.
- 11. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 12. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
- 13. Maintains Staffing / Patient Assignment Whiteboard.
- 14. Breaks Down Patient Chart Upon Discharge.
- 15. Order Entry Into Meditech.
- 16. Place / Receive Phone Calls From/To Patients, Physicians And Forward/Handle As Appropriate.
High School Diploma Or Equivalent.
Related Work Experience A Plus. Must Have Basic Knowledge Of Anatomy, Physiology, Medical Terminology And An Understanding Of Medications.
Must Possess Good Computer Skills And Excellent Communication Skills.