To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible For The Processing, Mailing And Result Reporting Of Specimens Sent To Outside Reference Labs And The Coordination Of Patient Specimens For The Chemistry, Special Chemistry And Serology Laboratories.
- 1. Centrifuges, Aliquots And Labels Blood Specimens For Mail-Out To Reference Laboratories.
- 2. Processes And Labels Lab Outreach Specimens For Blood Bank, Chemistry Hematology And Microbiology.
- 3. Requests Correct Reference Lab Tests In Lis Or On Reference Lab Requisitions.
- 4. Prepares Specimens Requiring Special Handling According To Reference Lab Test Specifications.
- 5. Prepares Laboratory Information System Shipping Batches.
- 6. Charts Reference Lab Results And Files Department Paperwork.
- 7. Maintains Inventory Of Department And Reference Lab Supplies.
- 8. Assists Computer Operators, Phlebotomists, And Lab Clients In The Interpretation Of Md Orders For Correct Reference Lab Test Selection.
- 9. Is Able To Prioritize Specimens During Times Of Peak Workload To Ensure Timely Processing, Mailout And Result Reporting Of Patient Samples.
- 10. Collaborates With Co-Workers In The Department Regarding Workload And Problem Resolution And Effectively Communicates Issues To The Next Shift.
- 11. Checks Pending Logs And Shipping Batches And Follows Up On Missing Or Overdue Tests.
- 12. Safely Operates Department Equipment According To Manufacturer Guidelines.
- 13. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 14. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
As Degree Or Equivalent Directly Related Experience
1 Yr. Experience In Data Entry. Familiarity With General Laboratory Procedures (Eg. Centrifugation, Specimen Handling) Is Preferred
Excellent Communication Skills Are Necessary