To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible For Non Invasive Cardiology Diagnostic Testing Including But Not Limited To: Holter Monitoring, Event Monitoring, Electrocardiograms, Stress Testing, Nuclear Stress Testing And Noninvasive Vascular Testing.
- 1. Prepares Patients For Stress Testing (Both Regular And Nuclear Medicine) By Giving A Thorough And Clear Explanation Of Test, Risks And, Discharge Instructions, Place Electrodes Accurately, Assists In Monitoring Patient?S Status During Test, And Properly Charge Test And Process Paperwork.
- 2. Prepares Patients For Holter Monitor And Event Monitor Tests By Giving A Thorough And Clear Explanation Of Test Instructions, Place Electrodes Accurately, Charge Appropriate Test In A Timely Manner, And Records Serial Numbers In Hospital Information System (His).
- 3. Prepares And Monitors Patients In The Cardiac-Pulmonary Rehab Program. Has Knowledge And Skills In The Operation Of Related Exercise Equipment And Vital Sign Monitoring. Can Perform Selected Exercise Routines As Trained And Within Their Job Scope.
- 4. Performs Ekgs Both 12-Lead And Rhythm Strip On Adult And Pediatric Patients, Recognizes The Difference Between Artifact And Abnormal Rhythms, Properly Places Electrodes, Able To Troubleshoot Mechanical And Non-Routine Patients, Obtains Stat Interpretations Upon Request, Charts Ekgs To Their Appropriate Locations, And Charges Test.
- 5. Able To Obtain Pertinent Patient Documents Via Hospital Information System Or Cardiology/Ekg Management Database System. Assist In Maintaining Cardiology Management System Accuracy.
- 6. Maintains Cleanliness Of Ekg Carts, Stress Equipment, Holter Monitors And Event Monitors.
- 7. Safely Operates All Equipment According To Manufacturer Specification.
- 8. Cross Trains To Other Areas Of Cardiology Including But Not Limited To: Invasive Cardiology And Cardiac-Pulmonary Rehab As Appropriate.
- 9. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self- Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 10. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
High School Graduate.
1 Year Experience In A Healthcare Setting Required. Cardiology Experience, 6 Months Experience With Ekg Or Stress Testing Exp Preferred. Pc Experience Required Using Window Based Medical Software. Medical Terminology Required.
Must Be Eligible To Become Certified In Cardiology Within A Year.
The Above Statements Reflect The General Duties And Responsibilities Necessary To Describe The Principal Functions Of The Job, As Identified, And Shall Not Be Considered An Exhaustive List Of Job Responsibilities Which May Be Inherent In The Position. Responsibilities Are Subject To Change.