To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
This position reports to the Radiologist in Chief, Yale New Haven Health and is charged with developing a centrally led, locally delivered radiology service. Responsible for the technical oversight of radiology operations throughout the System. This will include administrative, financial, strategic, clinical, staffing, regulatory, employee and patient experience responsibilities for Radiology throughout all delivery networks, in alignment with leadership at each delivery network.
- 1. Financial Management
- 1.1 Works with the health system on the strategic planning, acquisition, replacement and redeployment of capital equipment.
- 2. Radiology Operations
- 2.1 Adopts the mission and vision for YNHHS Radiology and develops and communicates goals and objectives across the health system
- 3. Human Resources
- 3.1 Keeps abreast of human resource needs to include innovation in talent, skill and acquisition, diversity recruitments and in staff turnover rates
- 4. Quality Improvement
- 4.1 Provides or supervises leadership for JC survey readiness to assure hospital/health system compliance with policies
- 5. Patient Experience
- 5.1 Provides leadership for ensuring one common Care Signature for Radiology across the health system
- 6. Education/Academic Affiliation
- 6.1 Provides opportunities for educational programming and coordinates staff participation to support continued professional development
- 7. Ambulatory
- 7.1 In conjunction with system ambulatory strategy, optimizes radiology in ambulatory settings to ensure access and patient experience are aligned and exceed expectations
Graduation from an accredited school of radiology and Advanced degree. MHS or MBA preferred
Ten (10) years Radiology leadership experience including at least five (5) years in director of radiology or equivalent position in an Academic Health Center department of Radiology.
Excellent administrative, professional and fiscal management skills. Understands radiology practice standards and regulatory requirements. Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential. Excellent analytical skills. Knowledge of Human Factors in complex systems. Experience in Six Sigma and Lean Principles.