To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Clinical Services Liaison ? RN, is responsible for the positive and effective representation of home infusion pharmacy services and introducing the full scope of services offered to hospital case managers, care coordinators, physicians, nursing agencies and other referral sources. Provides ongoing updates and education for referral sources and the successful clinical coordination of care from the referral source into the home setting on behalf of the home infusion pharmacy. Provides and utilizes clinical expertise and skills to assist referral sources &/or patients with the identification of appropriate candidates for home infusion &/or home health care, the identification of the patients? and/or caregivers ability to provide care, patient education and training regarding therapy and supplies, as well as, clarifying expectations of care in the home, and medication connection at the hospital / facility in order to expedite the discharge into the home setting, as appropriate.
- 1. Develops, maintains and grows core therapy and service line admissions to the home infusion pharmacy through positive referral source relationships and provides positive and responsive customer service with assigned target accounts.
- 2. Recognizes opportunities for expanding business opportunities with current referral sources / business associates and involves either the Director of Home Infusion Therapy.
- 3. Demonstrates thorough knowledge of core therapy referrals and qualifying criteria by payor source, such as: TPN, Enteral Nutrition and Inotropic Agents for Medicare.
- 4. Evaluates current and future clinical and service needs for existing and new accounts.
- 5. As appropriate &/or required, coordinates &/or conducts in-services and continuing education programs for referral sources and their support staff.
- 6. Collaborates with referral sources (i.e. hospital case managers, home health agencies, physician offices) and the home infusion pharmacy staff to facilitate the coordination of care for new patient referrals to the home infusion pharmacy.
- 7. Coordinates and communicates all discharge planning activities for new patient referrals with the home infusion pharmacy personnel and referral sources, including, but not limited to:
- 8. Appropriately documents the coordination of care activity including, but not limited to:
- 8.1 Home infusion &/or nursing services utilized
- 9. Documentation must be legible, accurate and complete and complies with company policies & procedures.
- 10. Maintains up-to-date referral source records, as well as, any other requested records in accordance with the home infusion pharmacy?s instructions &/or business goals.
- 11. Assist with activities to achieve favorable net revenue and gross profit goals for the home infusion pharmacy.
- 12. Represent the home infusion pharmacy in a professional and positive manner.
- 13. Attend and participate in appropriate office meetings, sales meetings, training programs and regional and national trade shows and conventions as directed by Director of Home Infusion Pharmacy.
- 14. Coordination and cross-training of departmental work duties to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency.
- 15. Stay abreast of developments in field of infusion therapy.
- 16. Comply with all company policies and directives for the fulfillment of the company objectives.
- 17. Communicates any problems incurred directly to the Director of Home Infusion Therapy.
RN (Registered Nurse), Associates or Bachelors degree from an accredited college or school of nursing.
3 years of IV related experience
2 years of Home health care experience
1 year of Case Management experience
Sales and Customer Service experience
Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Connecticut.
Must have excellent customer service skills (both verbal and written) and have effective interpersonal skills that would allow for positive interactions with varied personality types. Proficient computer skills
Travel may be required.