To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Patient Financial Access Facilitator is responsible for all functions and processes related to patient check-in, check-out, registration and scheduling. Obtains and updates the patient's demographic and financial information in a sometimes demanding atmosphere utilizing multiple applications to assure timely processing of the patient visit. Performs a variety of functions including accurate patient identification while adhering to Red Flag procedures to ensure patient safety. Must stay abreast of all insurance changes and adheres to managed care requirements and all other information legislated for Health Care as it relates to the health system. Must understand the various insurance carriers' options and completes insurance entry accurately, satisfying billing requirements to ensure a payable account. Verifies eligibility of insurances, identifies and collects co-pay balances, and initiates other funding referrals as outlined by departmental policy when appropriate.
- 1. Registration: Initiates and completes patient visit information in accordance with YNHH department protocol.
- 1.1 Collects necessary patient demographic and insurance information when completing the registration process.
- 2. Scheduling: Accurately and promptly schedules patient appointments per department standards.
- 2.1 Schedules patient appointments by obtaining all necessary patients demographic and insurance information. Works in collaboration with clinical team to schedule appointments according to facility schedule, staff availability and patient needs.
- 3. Insurance: Ensures appropriate financial information is accurately obtained and documented to ensure proper reimbursement to the health system.
- 3.1 Demonstrates understanding of the various third party payers and accurately completes insurance entry in order to satisfy billing requirements.
- 4. Customer Service: Follows Customer Service guidelines in accordance with YNHH department protocol.
- 4.1 Ensures smooth functioning of all processes in order to ensure a positive patient experience by acknowledging and receiving patients, physicians and visitors to the department following the YNHHS Standard of Professional Behaviors.
- 5. Resource Management: Utilizes Health System and Department resources to effectively support the patient experience.
- 5.1 Participates in designated committees, staff meetings, workgroups, and attends all in-service to support team building and communication enhancements.
- 6. Supports Organizational and Departmental Goals
- 6.1 Performs all functions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- 7. Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- 7.1 Identifies and recommends opportunities to improve Patient Access activities.
High school diploma or GED required. Associate degree preferred.
One (1) to two (2) years of work experience in a customer service environment preferably in a hospital/physician office with emphasis on registration, third party insurance verification and financial clearance dealing with all aspects of medical insurance and eligibility requirements preferred.
Self-directed, well organized and exhibiting excellent interpersonal and team oriented skills with a strong ability to interpret insurance benefits and apply to hospital services. Basic computer skills and the ability to adapt to various programs/systems. Capable of balancing appropriate level of intervention and partnering with clinical staff to insure the highest quality of patient care. Spanish speaking required for positions in the PCC.