To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Reports to the Executive Director, Revenue Cycle Strategy & Analytics with the responsibility for leading a team of analysts, project managers and a data scientist in the development of analysis and reporting solutions. Ensures efficient and accurate use of systems and provides data for financial reporting. Collaborates with management teams across the operation and provides recommendations for reporting solutions, automation and other innovative tools ensuring revenue cycle objectives are on target. Facilitates the incubation and scaling of new solutions, designing and managing products to facilitate revenue and/or efficiency improvements across the operation.
Performs analysis of both financial and non-financial key performance indicators for reporting and trending purposes.
Provide leadership and oversight of various work-streams as part of innovation projects and programs with multiple stakeholders. Helps to transform the organizational culture by automating and supporting complex business processes. Maintains thorough knowledge of the current healthcare revenue cycle environment. Leads and provides direction during transitions and modifications of systems and software to ensure data integrity, internal control and financial accuracy.
- 1. Directs a team of analysts and a data scientist as well as a number of project teams throughout the Health System. Assigns work and monitor activities of team members; oversees the development of individual work plans and provides guidance in analytical tasks.
- 2. Manages reporting system implementations involving new and upgraded computer systems and or software or other tools. Keeps management team informed of project progress/problems particularly changes as needed in schedule, resources or product.
- 3. Directs the activities of staff members. Establishes and implements working procedures to be followed by members of the section. Selects, trains, and motivates staff members; including hiring, terminations, and disciplinary action. Conducts regular performance reviews of section personnel.
- 4. Develop and share points of view on new innovation approaches, technologies, and tools based on external research, with a focus on implementation strategy and cost to value propositions.
- 5. Provide leadership and oversight of various work-streams for reporting projects and programs. Oversees the development of detailed project/program execution plans and tracking against milestones.
- 6. Facilitates ideation/brainstorming sessions and drives collaboration. Fosters knowledge sharing among team members and with operational stakeholders.
- 7. Develop and present executive level communications/presentations. Work cross-functionally with experienced services and operations managers to assure ongoing exponential growth and to create and maintain a continuous culture of win-win success and achievement.
- 8. Responsible for the tracking, monitoring, and analyzing various aspects and parts of the Accounts Receivable in an effort to determine overall the effectiveness of systems. Develop new reports as needed in support of these activities and to determine the causes of the variances.
- 9. Establishes and maintains effective communication with users and developers of systems, providing assistance and education to users through the project planning.
- 10. Manages transitions and modifications of systems and software to ensure data integrity, internal control and financial accuracy. Implements operational changes necessitated by changing systems/regulations.
- 11. Uses new innovation approaches, technologies, and tools to develop accounts receivable targets and cash projections monthly, in accordance with corporate goals. Provides data and information used to explain variances between target receivable goals and actual results.
- 12. Perform analysis of both financial and non-financial key performance indicators for reporting and trending purposes. Monitors reporting from each operational areas, with the intent of identifying problem areas, identifying trends in reimbursement and takes the appropriate corrective action.
Bachelor?s degree in Date Analytics, Finance, Healthcare Management or related field of study is required. MBA/MS preferred.
Five (5) years or more progressive experience in analysis in a large revenue cycle management operation or healthcare system with at least (3) years in a management role. Strong project coordination experience required including significant financial reporting experience. Track record of delivering results.
Coding languages and specialized software programs (SQL, Tableau, Python or R, SAS) as well as advanced Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, Publisher and other Data Visualization software a plus. Excellent communication and collaboration skills, able to work from own initiative, and to work with minimal guidance. Proactive, self-driven approach, analytical thinking, attention to detail and problem solving abilities. Excellent organizational skills. Able to manage multiple priorities and follow through delivery of work without step by step instructions. Ability to work with tight deadlines and high pressurized environments.
Must have the ability to travel to various sites across the health system.