To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of an Executive of Lawrence + Memorial Healthcare (LMH), the incumbent administers, directs and manages the operations of home care services within LMH and the Yale New Haven Health System (YNHHS). S/he works extensively with LMH and other delivery networks related to clinical operations and care management to facilitate and oversee smooth care transitions for patients who are appropriate for home health care services. S/he is responsible to oversee and administer all operations of home health care services included, but not limited to human resource management, budget management, data management, finance management and overall assurance of exceptional, safe patient care.
- 1. With general direction from YNHHS OCMO office, in collaboration with the YNHHS Medical Director(s) of geriatrics, care management, population health, etc., directs all aspects of the YNHHS home care program. Plan, develops and implements a standardized framework for home care services across the system. This includes all day to day operations of exceptional, safe patient care at all assigned locations.
- 2. Designs, implements and oversees all home care services that effectively identifies appropriate referrals, exceptional plans of care, discharge planning and ongoing transitions to other care settings. Establishes and maintains a system for documentation that allows for collection, interpretation, analysis and reporting of home care data that articulates such programming.
- 3. Directs all training, competency validation and provides ongoing oversight to all staff and corresponding data processes including OASIS submission and validation and data display checks while working collaboratively within the YNHHS system and external agencies to assure the highest standard of information is available at all times.
- 4. Maintains consistent standards of home care practices throughout the organization and ensures that all relevant regulatory and accreditation requirements (e.g., DPH, CMS, TJC) are met. Serves as participant in TJC/CMS survey preparation process to assist in identifying deficiencies and ensure compliance.
- 5. Coordinates, collaborates and maintains up to date policies and guidelines that are housed in the YNHHS system to reflect regulatory requirements and state of the art practices with review at least every 3 years. Provides expert consultation of relevant content in other department's policies and procedures.
- 6. When appropriate to achievement of YNHHS home care goals, engages outside consultants and vendors, negotiating and preparing contracts and monitoring budget and progress.
- 7. Management and accountability for the YNHHS home care budget.
- 8. Develops and maintains strong working relationships with YNHHS senior management, advancing the System post care services agenda through the System Clinical Council (SCC).
- 9. Completes an annual environmental scan of all available data sources and critically analyzes performance to make recommendations to Senior Leadership on organizational priorities.
- 10. Directs production of reports to senior leadership and collates and summarizes quarterly reports as requested by the Medical Directors.
- 11. Provide education and consultation to home care staff and senior leadership in regard to changes in criteria, new data collection.
- 12. Directs and/or coordinates special projects as directed by CMO, CQO, Medical Directors or other senior leaders to promote continuing evaluation and improvement in processes and patient care outcomes.
- 13. Plans, facilitates, tracks, and modifies the organizational performance goals and strategic plans annually and as necessary in alignment with YNHHS business and PI plans.
- 14. Serves as the liaison to outside agencies such as CHA, Joint Commission, DPH, OSHA, and Vizient as well as a resource for other YNHHS Delivery Networks in the areas home care services and operations.
- 15. Provides internal human resource management of staff, prepares new and modifies older position descriptions, oversees timelines and quality of personnel evaluations, and is primary conduit to YNHHS Human Resources. Represents department at Vacancy Review Committee to secure approval for vacant positions. Manages, recruits, hires, administers disciplinary action and conducts job performance reviews for staff assigned to incumbent.
- 16. Directs home care staff as assigned.
- 17. Meets with employees and plans mutually agreed upon individual performance goals. Monitors progress and/or barriers, plans remedial education and/or training, modifies performance expectations, and completes six-month and twelve-month reviews as required.
- 18. Mentors staff across the system in home care and post acute services. Maintains an exceptional work environment through effective leadership, direction, supervision, role modeling, and communication. Schedules, plans, facilitate, and conduct staff meetings.
- 19. Demonstrates high-level knowledge and skills in key behaviors that reflect expertise in communication, customer service orientation, professionalism, problem solving, resource management, results orientation, teamwork and cooperation, business and organizational expertise, leadership, and managing performance.
- 20. Acts as a liaison between the governing body, home care and other professional and advisory staff.
- 21. Conducts regular home visits and rounds of areas of responsibility to engage staff and patients as well as hear questions and/or concerns.
- 22. Performs other assignments as required and/or directed by CMO or VP Clinical Operations.
BS or BA in nursing, health care administration, public health or related field required. Masters in Nursing, Public Health, Health Care Administration preferred.
Minimum 8-10 years experience in nursing with at least five (5) years progressive responsibility and experience in management of home care services. Documented experience working successfully with hospital administration and physicians. Expert knowledge of CMS and DPH requirements for home care services. Budget management preferred.
Registered Nurse with Valid (or eligible) Connecticut license required.
Superior written and oral communication. Ability to effectively work with and motivate personnel at varying levels within an organization. Documented capacity to deliver results in a highly matrixed work environment. Strong skills in the following areas: adaptability and flexibility, ability to learn quickly, facilitation, analysis, critical thinking, working with minimal supervision, and management of people and projects. Strong computer skill.
Ability to travel between system locations on an at least weekly basis. Ability to traverse campuses and office locations