To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Telephone Operators Are Responsible For Answering Switchboard Calls For The Hospital's Main Campus And Designated Satellite Locations During All Hours Of Operation.
- 1. Telephone Operator:
- 2. Answers And Dispatches Calls On Hospital Emergency Lines. Must Be Familiar With Emergency Preparedness Policies Regarding Internal & External Disasters. Code Calling Includes But Is Not Limited To Code Bat?S; Code Met?S, Code Pci?S, Code Grey, Code Orange, Code 123 Red, Code 911, Code Mr. Green, Code Adam, & Code 8?S. Alerts Indicating When Devices Being Monitored For Temperature Thresholds (Medication Refrigerators, Warming Cabinets, Etc.) Are Out Of Range Will Require Calls To Be Dispatched To The Appropriate L&M Personnel.
- 3. Directs Call Traffic To The Appropriate Areas By Utilizing Various Information Databases.
- 4. Maintains And Updates Various On-Call Schedules.
- 5. Maintains Records Of Medical Staff Vacations And Any Other Absence To Provide Appropriate Coverage Information.
- 6. Must Be Able To Speak Clearly And In A Proper Tone So As To Be Understood In All Capacities.
- 7. Must Be Familiar With All Hospital Departments, And The Proper Procedure For Contacting Different Areas.
- 8. Must Be Familiar With The Communications Departmental Policies & Procedures, Including Hospital Policies & Procedures For Emergencies, Disasters, And Other Similar Situations.
- 9. Must Follow Scripts When Answering Calls At The Switchboard.
- 10. Overhead Pages Requested Medical & Hospital Staff Based On Requests Made.
- 11. Meet Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 12. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department.
High School Diploma Or Equivalent.
Telephone And One (1) Year Experience Customer Service Experience. Computer Experience; Medical Terminology A Plus. Basic Keyboarding Skills Required.
Courteous And Helpful Disposition, Patience; Ability To Meet And Speak With The Public As ?First Contact? Of The Hospital; Articulate And Able To Clearly Give Directions To Locations Within The Hospital.