To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
To Provide Any And All Elements Of Care In The Assessment, Planning, Interventions, Evaluation Of The Perioperative Patient. The Perianesthesia Rn Will Demonstrate An Energetic, Enthusiastic Patient Centered Approach To Care That Reaches Beyond The Boundaries Of His/Her Primary Locus Of Care. The Perianesthesia Rn Will Assist In The Overall Functioning Of The Pacu/Asu By Performing Any And All Duties For Which He/She Is Competent. This Includes But Is Not Limited To The Responsibilities Of The Rn In The Practice Setting, As Well As Any Supportive Duties That May Be Necessary For Efficient, Effective, Productive Patient Care And Department Flow.
- 1. Assesses The Patient?S Physical And Psychosocial Condition On An Ongoing Basis Throughout The Continuum Of Care.
- 2. Develops, Communicates And Documents A Plan Of Care Reflecting Individualized Patient Problems And Interventions To Achieve Desired Outcomes, Involving The Patient, Family And Healthcare Team In This Process.
- 3. Implements And Coordinates This Plan Of Care In Collaboration With The Healthcare Team.
- 4. Evaluates The Effectiveness Of The Plan Of Care, Patient?S Response To Care, And Readiness For Discharge. Revises The Plan Of Care As Needed.
- 5. Plans For Education After Assessing The Individual Learning Needs And Readiness Of The Patient And Family. Documents Education Provided. Provides Postoperative Teaching To Patients And Families And Prepares Patients For Discharge
- 6. Provides Preceptorship To New Staff
- 7. Demonstrates Ability To Organize The Schedule As The Charge Nurse.
- 8. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlines In Performance Review.
- 9. Performs Other Duties As Assigned To Ensure Effective Operation Of The Unit.
- 10. Responsible For Evaluating And Preparing Patients For Surgery
- 11. Performs Pre And Post Operative Assessment Of Patients
- 12. Cares For Immediate And Post Discharge Needs Of Patients During Acute And Non Acute Period Following Surgical Procedures
- 13. Demonstrate Skill And Knowledge In The Provision Of Care To Patients Pre And Post Op. This Includes But Is Not Limited To Recognizing And Appropriately Intervening For:
- 14. Pain Management
- 15. Discharge Planning Needs
- 16. Dysrythmias
- 17. Inadequate Airway
- 18. Pre-Op And Post ?Op Telephone Assessments Per Protocol.
- 19. Provides Necessary Documentation.
- 20. Demonstrates Compliance With Appropriate Nursing Standards In The Pre And Post-Op Setting And The Policies And Procedures Of The Ambulatory Surgical Center.
- 21. Will Be Crossed Trained Into Other Rn Roles In The Pacu And Asu
- 22. Demonstrates Competency In Moderate Sedation.
- 23. Develops Skills In Marketing And Promotion And Represents The Lawrence & Memorial Hospital In The Perioperative Surgical Setting
- 24. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 25. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
Graduate Of An Accredited School Of Nursing; Bsn Preferred. Proficient In Use Of Computer Software To Include Electronic Patient Records. Must Have Ability To Use Internet For Literature Searches Regarding Care For Patients.
Two Years Experience In A Critical Care Setting Preferred. Ambulatory Surgery And Pacu Facility Experience Preferred.
Valid State Of Connecticut Registered Nurse License
Certification In Specialty Preferred (Capa, Cpan) Acls, Bls And Pals Required.