To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The NM/PET Tech Specialist will be an active participant as a lead in the following: ACR Accreditation ,quality control,orientation and training of all staff, working with the radiologists on protocol development. Directs the daily workflow of Nuclear Medicine and PET and will be assigned as the charge technologist in the absence of the Manager. Under the supervision of the Section Manager, performs a wide variety of technical and professional duties utilizing complex imaging equipment to produce high quality Planar, SPECT and PET/CT images for radiologist interpretation. All duties are performed according to departmental and organizational policies and procedures and demonstrates exceptional service excellence in all interactions as outlined in the Standards of Professional Behavior. EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran.
- 1. Performs quality and compassionate patient care in order to ensure cooperation, safety, and satisfaction. Demonstrates 100% accuracy on safety screening and continues to promote The Standards of Professional Behavior . Thoroughly explains the procedure to the patient to offer them the emotional support to endure and complete the exam. Accurately reviews general Nuclear Medicine source document and radioisotope amount administered) 100% of the time as observed by the Manager. Accurately identifies the patient by name and date of birth by checking the name band prior to the start of the procedure. Actively participates in sectional, departmental, and hospital -wide initiatives to promote Service Excellence. Coordinates orientation of new staff to the Standards of professional behavior . Accurately performs all QC to ensure the equipment is working efficiently . Contacts service as necessary to resolve issues. Ensures a clean and safe environment through daily exam room checks, equipment inspections, and prepares for regulatory inspections.
- 2. Performs various record keeping, customer service functions to ensure the exam changes are properly billed and communicates feedback in order to ensure that the department 's goals are met and operations runs efficiently Consistently selects the right patient data from the worklist for the data to be accurate.Accurately completes/ edits charges for exams in EPIC to guarentee proper billing and medical record documentation. Post processing and all transfer of images to PACS is required100% of the time to ensure the report reflects the interpretation of all images. Retrieves the in patient requests from EPIC and assists Tech aide with scheduling in the appropriate time slot as needed. Scans requisitions/ forms into EPIC accurately and consistently. Reports and documents patient incidents in a timely manner.
- 3. Maintains JACHO training, ARRT or NMTCB certification Participates in training new staff on protocols, safety policies, and workflow processes. Keeps current with new imaging protocols and new advanced techniques introduced in the field ofNuclear Medicine Technology. Mentors new staff on these new protocols and techniques.
- 4. Staff will present themselves in a friendly and courteous manner . Staff will identify themselves and their role while encouraging a Patient and Family Centered Experience. Staff will fully explain the procedure and ask if the patient has any additional questions about theprocedure. Staff will address any comfort issues a patient may have prior to beginning the procedure .
- 5. Performs various radiopharmacy duties including receipt, preparation, administration and storage of radionuclides and radiopharmaceuticals to ensure safety and integrity of the agents used. Properly recording all duties according to departmental policy. Administers correct radiopharmaceutical and dose to patient via the prescribed route either intravenously, orally, or by inhalation as observed by supervisor, nuclear physician or as evidenced by the scan quality. Performs daily surveys of all radiation areas and decontaminates if necessary according to departmental procedure. Notifies supervisor of any contaminations and records all findings according to departmental policy as observed by supervisor, radiation safety officer or peers. Stores and disposes of radioactive materials in accordance with departmental, hospital and federal regulations as observed by manager, radiation safety officer and other hospital personnel . Properly recording the disposal of radioactive materials according to departmental policy. Records all information regarding receipt, quality control, administration, and disposal of radioactive materials in the appropriate log books or Nuclear Medicine Radiopharmaceutical Computer System, according to departmental protocol as observed by supervisor, radiation safety officer and peers.
Graduated from A,M.A approved Nuclear Medicine Technology program. AS degree required.
Five (5) years of comprehensive as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist. Demonstrates excellence technical and communication skills.
NMTCB or ARRT (N) certification in Nuclear Medicine Technology
Must have advance knowledge of radiopharmaceuticals, nuclear medicine equipment and nuclear medicine imaging procedures and advance computer acquisition and processing techniques. Proficient in advanced SPECT imaging techniques, above average knowledge of cross sectional anatomy. Must have knowledge of computer / PACS applications and good organizational and excellence communication/Customer service skills.
Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds to assist with patient transfers.