To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Evaluate, supervise and monitor members of the Healthy Living Center during exercise. Evaluate profiles/intakes and recommends program through the Healthy Living Center services. Develop exercise prescriptions and render exercise programs upon physician referral for apparently healthy and diseased populations. Questions, concerns, and medical decisions regarding treatment must be discussed with HLC nurse clinician, Director and/or medical advisor. Follow up, document and maintain participants' needs.
- 1. Is directly responsible for members of the Healthy Living Center programs and programs it oversees. Responsibilities may include: initial assessment, care plan development and performing exercises and supervising members/patients on proper body position, use of equipment. Conducts patient monitoring. Reports inappropriate response and gives emergency care as per Policy and Procedures. Monitors blood sugars and assists in diagnostic stress test. Educates participants regarding all aspects of exercise (including home exercise.) Documents initial and daily assessment data into patients' record per policy and procedure manual. Performs appropriate documentation for individual programs.
- 2. Assists Healthy Living Center staff with Healthy Living Center programs.
- 3. Provides educational programs for participants in area of expertise. Participates in research, in-service education classes, student/intern education and other activities, as directed.
- 4. Is a member of department committees as assigned and participates in department activities, special events and programs, as directed.
- 5. Maintains billing records per department's policy and procedure manual.
- 6. Helps maintain exercise equipment by calibrating and servicing on a regular basis.
- 7. Maintains professional knowledge base by professional organization membership and regular attendance at in-service programs, workshops, symposia and university classes.
- 8. The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the individual served on his or her assigned unit. The member must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the lifespan and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the individual's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each individual's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's/area's/department's policies and procedures.
- 9. Maintains excellent customer service on an on-going basis.
Bachelor of Science degree in Exercise Science/Exercise Physiology or Mater's preferred 1 year recent relevant experience preferred Certification Requirements: Basic Cardiac Life Support by AHA Advanced cardiac Life Support by AHA Working towards ACSM Exercise Specialist Certification
Basic Cardiac Life Support by AHA Advanced cardiac Life Support by AHA Working towards ACSM Exercise Specialist Certification
Excellent interpersonal skills, public speaking skills and the ability to practice independently. Computer skills including Meditech, Scheduling, Windows, word processing Twelve (12) months
Fitness center atmosphere.
Moderate physical effort with some bending, stooping, stretching and lifting, standing and walking most of the day.