To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the Senior Site Manager, Materials Management, is accountable for the twenty-four hour a day, smoothe efficent operation of patient transport througout the hospital. This position is also responsible for the maintenance, management of equipment through the R.F.I.D system, maintaining par levels of equipment and related supplies and functions necessary to support the patient care units. Responsible for the transport and courier staffing/scheduling/PTO management, Workflow Process Improvement, Monitoring Cost Control, Customer Satisfaction, Collaboration/Communication.
- 1. Staffing/Scheduling/PTO time management: Schedules the transport and courier staff to meet desired coverage levels. Provides staffing levels which are consistent with fluctuating patient transport/equipment needs. Plans, provides, monitors and controls the use of Benefit Time in a fiscally responsible manner, taking into consideration the utilization of casual status staff, part-time staff and overtime expenditures.
- 2. Personnel Management: Interviews, hires, directs the orientation and training of staff, counsels, conflict resolution, implements disciplinary measures, evaluates staff performance, mentors, team building, staff development, professional growth, and goal setting.
- 3. Responsible for ensuring staff knowledge of and compliance with all hazardous and non-hazardous saftey measures, OSHA regulations and JACHO requirements. Responsible for staff use of appropriate bio-mechaincs and Infection Control practices.
Particpates in activities related to preparation for regulatory visits and inspections to assure compliance with JCAHO, federal and state regulatory requirements.
- 4. Insures staff training/knowledge in order to facilitate the location, tracking and controlling of patient moveable equipment which is utilized by transport including wheelchairs, stretchers, sigma pumps, scds etc. Insure training to locate medical supplies stored in the Stockroom/SPD locations.Uses analytical and reporting tools to monitor staff productivity and to design improved workflow processes.
- 5. Identify and resolve employee performance exceptions and take immediate corrective action by analyzing data and facts; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action
- 6. Performs other assignments as needed
- 7. Maintain all proper inspections on department Vehicles (registrations/emissions/maintenance)
- 8. Perform monthly safety audits and correct any issues identified (RFID, equipment cleaning)
- 9. Manage and oversee transport, courier and employee shuttle day to day operations.
- 10. Assists in problem resolution of patient care unit issues. Assist in the formulation of solutions and
recommendations to address operational problems on the patient care unit.
- 11. Planning: Defines and utilizes pertinent data, analyzes available data, develops short term and long range
strategic fiscal planning. Directs the operational implementation of business plan objectives.
- 12. Customer Satisfaction: Creates and maintains a qualified Patient Transport staff who ensure patient
satisfaction. Collaborates with all other departments in order to promote internal and external customer
- 13. Communication/Collaboration: Collaborates with departments and other disciplines in order to ensure the
efficient and cost-effective operation of the Patient Transport Department. Communicates organizational
values, goals, objectives, strategic planning, and programmatic changes to staff. Ensures the implementation
of departmental, divisional, and hospital wide goals in the Patient Transport Department.
- 14. MIS Systems: Insures staff training/knowledge in order to facilitate the accuracy of the data, which is entered
and reported. Uses analytical and reporting tools to monitor staff productivity and to design improved workflow processes.
- 15. Develops and implements systems and programs to procure, track, and control all movable equipment which
is utilized by transport including wheelchairs, stretchers and lift devises.
Bachelors Degree preferred or equivalent supervisory experience in Health care services or related field
Two (2) to three (3) years of experience preferred in a service orientated department. Strong exposure to customer relations and service excellence. Demonstrated success in functioning as a team and overseeing a diverse workforce in a fast paced service environment preferred.
Class D License with an endorsement. (F endorsement)
F = Taxi, Livery, Service Bus, Motor Coach
Must have a current driver's license and an acceptable driving record.
Demonstrated ability to oversee a diverse workforce in a 24 hour per day operational environment. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities. Excellent communication skills. Knowledge in the proficient operation and use of a computer-based information system. Demonstrated ability to implement and support change required.
Will be exposed to unpleasant elements; hazardous materials, infectious waste, deceased patients, accidents and injuries.
Can be stressful at times as workload alternates between periods of high activity and low activity. Pushes/Pulls or moves equipment, patient beds, stretchers and wheelchairs.