To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
To prepare cook and serve food in a clean and sanitary work environment
- 1. Prepares and cooks fresh, healthy breakfast and lunch menu items to order, in conjuncion with chef and inventories daily production assignments.
- 2. Follows and developes standardized recipes with head chef for use in new menu items. Ensures that lefovers are used for small batch sales items
- 3. Ensures that all food whether cooked or raw is handle according to proper procedures as established by the hospital, department and the state and local board of healths. Cleans tables, tools and equipment after each use according to established guidlines.
- 4. Helps with proper ordering, recieving and storage of food supplies.
- 5. Demonstrates effective time management by prioritizing work according to established schedule and emergencies. Multitasking and anticipating customer chaninging needs a must.
- 6. In the absence of the manager this individual must be able to take over running of the kitchen and establish open line of communication between the kitchen and dinning room
- 7. The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide exceptional customer service on his or her assigned unit. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the customers status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each individuals requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's/area's/department's policies and procedures.
High School, one year culinary or trade school or equivalent.
Food service/restaurant experience required. Excelled communication skills.
Must be able to read write and speak English. Must be able to read a recipe.
Standing, lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying medium to heavy weight objects. Often works in hot humid conditions, occasionally very cold areas.