To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Manages skilled professional nursing care to the client as ordered by the physician in accordance with the policies and procedures of Visiting Nurse Association of Southeastern Connecticut. Participates in health promotion programs as needed. The Home Care Nurse is directly responsible to the Supervisor of Clinical Services.
- 1. Admits clients to service; develops care plan; implements, evaluates, and revises plan of care as indicated.
- 2. Provides professional nursing care including appropriate preventative, therapeutic, and rehabilitative nursing in accordance with physician's orders and the nursing care plan.plan.
- 3. Implements or delegates responsibility for 24 hour care plan and home health aide services.
- 4. Coordinates services with the client, family and others involved in the care plan
- 5. Evaluates client on ongoing basis; notify physician and other personnel of changes in client condition; revises care plan as appropriate
- 6. Identifies client and family needs for other health or community services and refers when appropriate.
- 7. Promotes safe environment for the client.
- 8. Determines aspects of care plan for delegation to home health aide; develops written plan of care and instructions for home health aide, supervises and evaluates home health aide according to Agency policies, participates in orientation and teaching of home health aides when appropriate.
- 9. Arranges supervision of home health aide when necessary.
- 10. Documents all services and coordination in the clinical record.
- 11. Completes all required statistical and financial information.
- 12. Assumes responsibility to participate in at least 12 hours of education per year.
- 13. Participates in other assignments as necessary to implement agency programs.
- 14. Maintains the productivity level as established by the Supervisor of Clinical Services.
- 15. Projects a positive attitude and enthusiasm about agency mission, philosophy, and policies.
One of the following: B.S.N., current Connecticut R.N. license and at least 6 months medical surgical experience within the past 5 years. R.N., current Connecticut R.N. license and at least one year medical surgical experience within the past 5 years.
$2000 sign on bonus for selected candidates