To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the PICU Medical Director or his designee and the members of the multi-disciplinary research team. Prepare protocols and manage and, participate in investigator-initiated clinical research studies and industry-sponsored clinical trials.
Patient and family centered care (PFCC) at YNHH is demonstrated by working with patients and their families based on the 4 principles of PFCC: participation, dignity and respect, information sharing, and collaboration. This includes providing service excellence by creating a great "First Impression" by demonstrating exemplary customer service skills for all customer groups including patients, families/friends, physicians, staff and support department personnel.
Adheres to the "I Am YNHH" service excellence pledge and promotes a positive work environment.
- 1. Participate fully as a member of the clinical research team in coordinating clinical trials from concept to completion.
- 2. Assist PIs in protocol development, submission, and renewal; ensure ongoing compliance with institutional review board policies.
- 3. Identify, assess eligibility, enroll, and collect accurate medical and demographic history on research subjects for a variety of studies.
- 4. Coordinate collection of data and assure its reliability.
- 5. Coordinate collection and processing of various human specimens (e.g., blood, various tissues, buccal swabs, etc.) connected to the studies of the section.
- 6. Supervise the rest of the research team in the conduct of the studies.
- 7. Oversee the timely production and maintenance of case report forms, consent forms, and other study documents, and prepare for audits.
- 8. Maintain effective communication regarding all studies involving the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) staff, and engage hospital floor staff in study participation as appropriate.
- 9. Prepare written progress reports and similar research study documents.
- 10. Assist in organizing educational materials for study participants, research staff, and clinical staff.
- 11. Coordinate the conduct of multiple simultaneous projects.
- 12. Interact with hospital leadership to coordinate and implement patient focused initiatives.
- 13. Other related duties as assigned.
- 14. Accountability: (how this position is held accountable for such as goals achievement, budget adherence, or other areas of accountability): Held accountable to the PICU Medical Director or his designee for performing activities as specified in position duties and responsibilities. Interface with the MIS Department, Department of Pediatrics and other departments, the Hospital and leadership groups to ensure knowledge and participation in selected projects.
- 15. Complexity: (describe planning, problem solving, decision making, creative activity, or other special factors inherent in the responsibilities of this position): Assists PIs in writing grant proposals. Participates in PICU initiatives to improve patient care. Exercises discretion and independent judgment when dealing with clinical and non-clinical staff. Collaborates with the Hospital's MIS Department to evaluate and analyze the information needs of the program. Create and foster positive leadership that is conducive to accomplishing goals of the project(s) and participates in decisions that impact the goals and outcomes of the projects.
- 16. Department ApprovalDate
Bachelor of Science in Nursing or Biology and three years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Three (3) to five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in critical care nursing, research or project management.
experience with research protocol development, survey design, and database management; prior experience in new protocol and consent form development.