To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Nursing Professional Development Specialist at Yale New Haven Health System is built upon the Nursing professional development, Scope and Standards of practice framework.
A specialized nursing practice that facilitates the professional role development and growth of nurses and other healthcare personnel along the continuum from novice to expert.
Harper, M.G., & Maloney, P (2016) Nursing professional development: Scope and standards of practice
- 1. Education
- 1.1 Assesses the learning needs based on regulatory requirements, evidence-based practice, and
- 2. Role Development
- 2.1 Supports the development of nursing leadership skills in self and clinical nursing staff according to ANA
Standards of Practice, to promote professional nursing practice and quality patient care.
- 3. Collaborative Partnerships
- 3.1 Represents nursing in the development of interprofessional learning activities.
- 4. Champion of Scientific Inquiry
- 4.1 Develops, educates, and implements quality improvement initiatives and outcomes across the organization
- 5. Orientation
- 5.1 Develops, implements, and manages competency based orientation
- 6. Competency Management
- 6.1 Develops initial and ongoing competencies
Masters degree or higher required , one degree must be in nursing ( Either BS or MS in nursing)
3-5 Years of active Nursing experience , one year of relevant teaching experience preferred , nursing staff development and/or specialty area preferred
Licensure as a RN in the state of CT/ RI & Nursing Board Certification within 2 years of hire
Demonstrates ability to develop, deliver, and evaluate educational programs.