To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Tech Specialist provides support for all daily operations of the Diagnostic Radiology section as necessary to achieve the level of service excellence, exam quality, patient safety, and customer satisfaction consistent with YNHH and departmental standards. This includes the performance of all duties and responsibilities associated with a Tech Specialist. The Tech Specialist hours will reflect the staffing needs of the department. The Tech Specialist will be an active participant in the following: ACR Accreditation, quality control, orientation and training of all staff, working with radiologists on protocol development and clinical trials, and will be assigned the charge technologist in the absence of the manager. Under the supervision of the Manager, performs a wide variety of technical and professional duties utilizing complex imaging equipment to produce quality images as requested for subsequent interpretation by the radiologist. All duties are preformed according to departmental and organizational policies and procedures and demonstrates exceptional service excellence in all interactions as outlined in the Service Excellence Pledge Standards.
- 1. Assists with various administrative tasks to achieve the goals of the department as it pertains to service excellence, quality assurance, regulatory compliance, and employee/patient relations as noted by the section Director/Manager.
- 1.1 Communicates all relevant service, quality, or compliance information to staff in a timely manner as received from section Director/manager, physicians, and service representatives. Ensures and/or documents staffs understanding as necessary.
- 2. Monitors patient and staff schedules and makes adjustments to ensure proper staffing levels sufficient to achieve quality patient care and the efficient operation of the section. Consults with other sections as needed to coordinate activities and resources.
- 2.1 Focuses on reducing salary and overtime expenses for the section by initiating action to increase efficiency or by tailoring staff schedules to fit demands when possible.
- 3. Assists with oversight of the Environment of Care, supply inventory, equipment maintenance, and QC procedures to ensure consistent, high quality patient care.
- 3.1 Monitors the Environment of Care daily and takes action as necessary to report or correct variances. Participates in Clean & Safe rounds with staff and section manager
- 4. Performs a wide variety of technical and professional duties utilizing complex diagnostic imaging equipment. Efficiently follows routine protocols, is proficient with advanced imaging , demonstrates independent judgment and has minimal inactive scanner utilization. Able to train and assist others as needed.
- 4.1 Follows advanced protocols when imaging and refers to the doctor?s exam requisition to ensure the correct exam is performed. Protocols exams daily. Contacts appropriate physician when there are questions regarding appropriate protocol to follow.
- 5. Performs all Tech Specialist responsibilities efficiently and provides effective communication to director/manager and staff.
- 5.1 In the absence of the section manager assumes responsibility to support the needs of daily operation.
Allied Technology, Life Science or equivalent Associates Degree preferred, but not required. Has a current ARRT with advanced CT certification. Has a current Connecticut state license as a radiographer.
Minimum three years of CT imaging experience with highly developed and advanced technical skills. Demonstrates excellent communication skills. Previous supervisory experience preferred, but not required.
Has a current ARRT with advanced CT certification. Has a current Connecticut state license as a radiographer.
Working in a normal clinical Radiology environment, handling test, utilizing a computer terminal. Intense concentration with instruments or procedures. Works under stressful conditions, interpersonal and computer skills required. Proficient in advanced CT imaging techniques, above average knowledge of cross sectional anatomy, computer/PACS applications and good organizational and communication/customer service skills.
Intense concentration with instruments or procedures for most of the day .May be exposed to infectious diseases, or hazardous material. Average clinical radiology setting. Standing and walking most of the day. Working with medium weight equipment with occasional lifting, pushing andpulling of heavy objects. Must have the ability to hear and observe all the surroundings of the department and have manual dexterity. Assisting in lifting of patient with physical problems.