To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Obtains blood samples, as required from Hospital inpatients and outpatients. Performs a number of clerical duties as assigned.
- 1. Phlebotomy
- 1.1 Uses proper patient identification and specimen labeling procedures according to Laboratory policy
- 2. Accessioning and receiving Specimens
- 2.1 Accurately and timely receives specimens into the laboratory
- 3. Customer Service
- 3.1 Uses AIDET principles when performing phlebotomy
- 4. People
- 4.1 Interacts professionally with all members of the hospital staff
- 5. Problem solving
- 5.1 Reviews patient vouchers for accuracy and corrects them as indicated
- 6. Investigates and documents problems with unacceptable specimens
- 6.1 Accurately orders tests in the hospital and laboratory computer systems
- 7. Regulation Compliance
- 7.1 Complies with established laboratory and hospital policies for universal precautions and safety
- 8. Other duties
- 8.1 Accurately prepares all specimens sent to reference laboratories
Equivalent of four years of high school education
Prior training or experience in phlebotomy
Certified or certified eligible with National Phlebotomy Association preferred.
Must have a current driver's license and an acceptable driving record.