To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The RN Navigator will focus on the heart failure patient population. The primary role of the nurse navigator is to offer individualized assistance to patients, families, medical professionals and caregivers to help overcome healthcare system barriers.
- 1. Evaluate patients referred from referral sites for enrollment in the program
- 1.1 Utilizing clinical expertise, and set criteria, accept or decline referrals
- 2. Coordinate medical appointments and ancillary services for enrolled patients
- 2.1 Ensure that appointments are made in a timely fashion
- 3. Review patient progress and transition plan and identify obstacles to the discharge process and consult necessary services.
- 3.1 Oversees daily morning huddle with Patient Navigator staff to review workload for the day and discuss clinical and psychosocial needs of patients
- 4. Works collaboratively with disease managers and key providers involved in the patients discharge process
- 4.1 Establishes relationships with other community service organizations, as well as pathways for referrals and collaboration
- 5. Convene and chair physician champion weekly program meeting.
- 5.1 Schedules committee meetings
- 6. Attendance at conferences and meetings
- 6.1 Represents PA and YNHH at various committee meetings as necessary
B.S.N required, MSN preferred with at least five years of experience in heart failure/cardiology.
Minimum 5 years clinical experience in a specialty care setting required with a working knowledge and expertise in understanding diagnosis, medications, therapies and discharge planning, as they relate to patient care. Cardiology and case management experience beneficial
Licensed Registered Nurse,
Fluency in Spanish preferred (not required). Enjoys working collaboratively with professional and non - professional colleagues alike.