To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
Assists in the provision of rehabilitative services under the direct supervision of a licensed therapist in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- 1. Under supervisor and as directed by lcensed therapists, carries out treatment techniques.
- 1.1 Assists patients in ambulation, transfer training, mobility acivities, ADL's exercise programs, functional cognitive/communication and leisure activities utilizing appropriate techniques.
- 2. Communications daily with licensed therapists regarding patient treatment plans.
- 2.1 Receives treatment plans from a licensed therapist for each treatment assigned.
- 3. Performs routine duties as assigned.
- 3.1 Ensures treatment areas are sanitary and tidy according to departmental policies and procedures and cleaning check off list.
- 4. Attends job related training events.
- 4.1 Attends inservices and meetings as directed by supervisor.
- 5. Demonstrates flexibility with work assignments.
- 5.1 Provides weekday and weekend coverage for rehab continuum in accordance with schedule.
High school diploma or equivalent
Previous work experience as an aide and/or other health care experience.
Current BLS/CPR certification.
Ability to work independently.
Good interpersonal skills.
The worker must be able to stand, walk, talk hear, lift, push, pull, reach, stoop, kneel, climb and perform repetitive motions of the wrist, fingers or hands. The worker is subject to inside environmental/atmospheric conditions such as poor ventilation and is also subject to hazards such as exposure to chemicals. The worker must be able to operate various exercise equipment, whirlpools, ultrasound and electrical stimulation equipment. The work must be able to exert up to 100lbs. of force occasionally, and or/ up to 50 lbs. of force frequently and/or up to 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects or the human body.
Incumbents as well as internal applicants who become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without the assistance of reasonable accommodation as determined on a case by case basis.