To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the Manager of Patient Transport, is accountable for the twenty-four hour a day, smooth efficient operation and management of patient transport throughout the hospital. This position is also responsible for the maintenance and management of equipment, maintaining par levels of equipment and related supplies, and functions necessary to support the patient care units. Responsible for: Personnel Management, Staffing/Scheduling/Benefit time Management, Workflow Process Improvement, Fiscal Planning, Monitoring Cost Controlling and Revenue Recovery, Customer Satisfaction, Collaboration/Communication, Environment Management, and MIS System planning/implementation.
- 1. Span of Control: Leads, manages, and directs a large diverse work force.
- 2. Personnel Management: Interviews, hires, directs the orientation and training of staff, counsels, conflict resolution, implements disciplinary measures, evaluates staff performance, mentors, team building, staff development, professional growth, and goal setting.
- 3. Staffing/Scheduling/Benefit Time Management: Schedules all staff categories to meet desired coverage levels. Provides staffing levels which are consistent with fluctuating patient transport/equipment needs. Plans, provides, monitors, and controls the use of Benefit Time in a fiscally responsible manner, taking into consideration the utilization of casual status staff, part-time staff and overtime expenditures
- 4. Fiscal Planning, Monitoring, Cost Containment and Revenue Recovery: Collaboratively establishes area salaried, non-salaried and Capital budget requests. Establishes and manages annual salary cost increases
- 5. Planning: Defines and utilizes pertinent data, analyzes available data, develops short term and long range strategic fiscal planning. Directs the operational implementation of business plan objectives.
- 6. Customer Satisfaction: Creates and maintains a qualified Patient Transport staff who ensure patient satisfaction. Collaborates with all other departments in order to promote internal and external customer satisfaction.
- 7. Communication/Collaboration: Collaborates with departments and other disciplines in order to ensure the efficient and cost-effective operation of the Patient Transport Department. Communicates organizational values, goals, objectives, strategic planning, and programmatic changes to staff. Ensures the implementation of departmental, divisional, and hospital wide goals in the Patient Transport Department.
- 8. Environment: Responsible for ensuring staff knowledge of and compliance with all hazardous and non-hazardous safety measures, OSHA regulations and JCAHO requirements. Responsible for staff use of appropriate bio-mechanics and Infection Control practices.
- 9. MIS Systems: Insures staff training/knowledge in order to facilitate the accuracy of the data, which is entered and reported. Uses analytical and reporting tools to monitor staff productivity and to design improved workflow processes.
- 10. Participates in projects, surveys and other information gathering activities.
- 11. Researches, accumulates, analyzes, evaluates all pertinent data and prepares proposals to revising existing services or programs. This may include changes in assignment composition, and specialty program development.
- 12. Develops and implements systems and programs to procure, track, and control all movable equipment which is utilized by transport including wheelchairs, stretchers and lift devises.
- 13. Works in conjunction with central departments to develop systems and programs for the repair, preventative maintenance and safety inspection of all patient transport equipment..
- 14. Assists in problem resolution of patient care unit issues. Assists in the formulation of solutions and recommendations to address operational problems on the patient care unit.
- 15. Develops and conducts quality improvement initiatives regarding patient transport.
- 16. Assists in the development of departmental and operational policies and procedures as requested.
- 17. Participates in the development, planning and implementation of strategic planning for the Department including establishing and implementing annual goals and objectives in accordance with Hospital business plan.
- 18. Participates in activities related to preparation for regulatory visits and inspections to assure compliance with JCAHO, federal and state regulatory requirements
Bachelor degree required or equivalent managerial experience in Health care services or a related field.
Two (2) to three (3) years of supervisory experience preferred in a service oriented department, Background in Health Care or a combination of education and experience is preferred. Demonstrated success in functioning as a team and managing a diverse workforce in a fast paced customer service environment preferred.
Demonstrated ability to direct a large, diverse work force in a 24 hour per day operational environment. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities. Excellent communication skills. Knowledge of a proficient in the operation and use of computer-based information systems. Knowledgeable in budgeting and financing of operational units. Demonstrated ability to implement and support change required. Six Sigma Green Belt and or knowledge of workflow improvement techniques such as LEAN performance improvement, PICOS, Kaizen preferred.