To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Provides physicians with optimal service for scheduling patients for surgical procedures. Gathers information on these patients in order to facilitate operating room scheduling.
- 1. Exhibits excellence in customer relations in order to provide the physicians with optimum quality of service.
- 1.1 Answers the telephone within three (3) rings in a respectful and pleasant manner stating: "Yale?New Haven Hospital, Operating Room Scheduling Office, (name), "May I help you?"
- 2. Follows established Operating Room guidelines in scheduling all patients.
- 2.1 Demonstrates thorough knowledge of Operating Room Scheduling
policies and uses sound judgement in handling requests for exceptions to these policies with guidance
- 3. Follows established Operating Room guidelines in finalizing the daily schedule.
- 3.1 Consolidates schedule for efficient utilization of rooms
Graduation from high school or equivalent with additional courses in a business or accounting related field.
One (1) to two (2) years experience in a healthcare environment with emphasis on the scheduling functions. Ability to understand Operating Room scheduling. Ability to understand medical terminology and type.
Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of individuals especially physician offices. Personal computer experience helpful. Must have the ability to work under constant pressure.