To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the Manager of the Specimen Processing and the Inventory Associate, the Inventory Associate Assistant is responsible for helping with the ordering and managing laboratory and clerical supplies and equipment used by all laboratory departments. This includes the inventory, ordering, receipt, stocking, return, delivery and processing of all materials. This individual must help maintain perpetual inventory records of supplies on hand, ordered and received. Assist with the monitoring expenses for items and coordinates a multitude of supply responsibilities to ensure that inventory room is fully stocked and that the highest quality customer service is provided.
- 1. Procures and maintains inventory levels for all supplies in the Laboratory Medicine inventory room ensuring appropriate inventory levels recording to established par levels in order to properly supply all laboratory
- 2. Appropriately communicates to all customers on product and policy issues and assumes responsibility for
environment of care.
- 3. Assumes responsibility for personal /professional growth and development. May train and development of
- 4. Assists in the formulation of strategies to improve budget performance and to ensure efficient and effective
use of resources.
- 5. Executes and coordinates the routine and emergency procurement and loaning of supplies and equipment as
required or needed providing high quality customer service by efficiently processing requests keeping
customer informed of progress or problems.
- 6. Demonstrates a commitment to providing the highest possible quality of service to all customers including patients and their families, physicians, Laboratory Leadership and staff from other departments or areas .
High School Diploma; some college coursework preferred.
Medical/surgical supplies in a laboratory or a hospital capacity preferred. Experience in purchasing and procurement is preferred. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Demonstrated competency in operating handheld and desktop computer systems as needed for supply ordering, replenishment and project work.
Must be able to lift 50 pounds.