To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the Supervisor of Environmental Services, performs a variety of duties using various equipment and supplies to maintain established cleanliness and meet acceptable department standards of environmental areas.
- 1. Follows department procedures to ensure a safe environment.
- 1.1 Sets up equipment and ready for use with necessary supplies.
- 2. Performs housekeeping tasks to ensure the sanitary condition of all areas.
- 2.1 Keeps ceiling and wall vents free of dust (high dusting)
- 3. Performs various trash removal duties to provide a clean and sanitary environment.
- 3.1 Collects recycling waste (cardboard, fiber, bottles/cans/plastic, confidential documents)
- 4. Follows proper protocol to ensure safe handling and disposal of contaminated items.
- 4.1 Handles and disposes medical waste and sharps observing all required precautions.
- 5. Maintains bed management system for room availability.
- 5.1 Works to achieve patient room turnaround is accomplished within standard time.
High School graduate or GED.
Six months demonstrated customer service related work experience required. Must successfully complete a training program provided by the Environmental Services Department and achieve competence in all duties.
Excellent Customer Service and communication skills. Ability to read, write and perform basic math. Ability to work independently. Able to perform as part of the patient care team. Detail beyond this may be put in the Responsibilities section since it may vary by position.