To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Works under the supervision of the Nurse Manager/Clinical Coordinator. The Registered Nurse (RN) assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and supervises individual patient care on a nursing unit/department according to unit policies and procedures. Provides oversight of non-RN personnel on the assigned unit. When assuming the charge role, delegates and oversees unit activities. Performs other duties as assigned or requested in order to maintain a high level of service.
- 1. Assesses the patient's physical and psychosocial condition on an ongoing basis throughout the continuum of care.
- 2. Assesses learning needs. Provides education to patient and family. Documents plan provided, patient's understanding and any outcomes. Education is provided verbally and in writing, when appropriate.
- 3. Assists the provider in intra-office procedures. Demonstrates the ability, and knowledge, to set up for procedures. Maintains a sterile field. Complies with Universal Protocol. Provides care in compliance with regulatory bodies, YNHHS policies and standing orders.
- 4. Assesses patients in the office or over the telephone for need of intervention, and is able to provide assistance in a timely manner.
- 5. Plans for education after assessing the individual learning needs and readiness of the patient and family. Provides educational opportunities and documents outcomes.
- 6. Demonstrates the ability, and knowledge, to handle and transfer clean and dirty instruments/equipment. Maintains competence in the use of the Trophon for high level disinfection of ultrasound probes. Maintains competence in point of use cleaning of instruments. Disinfects equipment and room as determined by hospital standards and/or policies.
- 7. Verifies information in chart is accurate and up to date, including but not limited to: reason for visit, health history, surgical history, medications, allergies, preferred laboratory, preferred pharmacy, fall risk, pain assessment, psychosocial assessment, learning assessment, preferred language and social history. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth operation of the department.
- 8. Functions as preceptor to new staff.
- 9. Functions as charge nurse when assigned.
- 10. Meets performance expectations for Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, and Staff and Self Development as outlined in performance review.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; BSN Preferred.
2-3 years recent ambulatory/medical urology office experience preferred. EPIC Ambulatory experience preferred. Must be proficient in the use of a keyboard and computer. Must have ability to use internet for literature searches regarding care for patients.
Valid State of Connecticut Registered Nurse license
BLS required within one month of hire.
Exposure to bodily fluids and biotherapy. Bending and carrying items < 25 pounds, sitting for long periods of time.