To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
Responsible for assisting in the delivery of both direct and indirect high quality, patient and family centered care under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse mentor/preceptor. Essential duties and job responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- 1. Demonstrates basic skill in observing, assessing and communicating patient needs.
- 1.1 Identifies changes in patient's condition and reports pertinent and concise information to members of the healthcare team in conjunction with RN mentor.
- 2. Demonstrates basic skill in planning and providing direct patient care.
- 2.1 Accepts report with RN mentor on patient assignment.
- 3. Completes non-therapeutic functions as directed.
- 3.1 Follows correct procedure in performing non-therapeutic functions as directed/supervised by RN mentor.
- 4. Demonstrates accountability and responsibility in performance of role.
- 4.1 Attendance meets Human Resources Student Nurse Intern guidelines.
- 5. Demonstrates development in professoinal growth through daily activities.
- 5.1 Identifies areas in performance needing improvement.
- 6. Performs decentralized laboratory testing as credentialed and following established policies and procedures.
- 6.1 Appropriately collects specimens (stool specimen and/or blood glucose), performs tests and interprets results under the direction and/or supervision of RN mentor. If assigned to Labor and Delivery may also collect urine specimen.
High school diploma or equivalent. Currently enrolled in an accredited School/Department of Nursing program.
Has successfully completed their school's Fundamental Nursing Skills Laboratory and is currently enrolled in or has completed at least one semester of relevant clinical practicum in the school's program.
Good interpersonal skills.