To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
This position directs the provision of patient care and the management of the human and financial resources for assigned units/departments, which are Lawrence + Memorial Hospital (LMH) Perioperative Services, and Pequot Perioperative Services. Provides leadership, support, and resources to department Managers, and ensures nursing practice in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act and evidence based practice. Demonstrates personal accountability for relationship-based care, and organizational vision and values.
1. Integrates Service Excellence initiatives into daily operations, measures responsiveness to internal and external customers. Amends plan based on feedback.
2. Consistently manages all activities so that quality services are provided in an efficient and effective manner.
3. Develops and monitors a departmental/divisional Performance Improvement initiatives that are synergistic with organization and system-wide programs and initiatives
4. Provides coaching, counseling, and other forms of support to staff that enable them to attain their quality management goals.
5. Achieves Hospital goals through optimal coordination of department efforts. Contributes to the formulation of departmental goals and business plans. Uses data effectively to manage operations and improve departmental performance.
6. Analyzes, responds, and manages quality, productivity, and financial indicators appropriately. Directly responsible for labor budget through effective staffing and proactive recruitment and retention strategies.
7. Develop (and update) clinical plans addressing: quality improvement, marketing/market share analysis, capital equipment planning, technology assessment plan, revenue issues (payer, capitation), and human resource needs.
8. Actively participates in appropriate organizational committees.
9. Meets performance expectations as outlined in performance review. Upholds organizational values and vision as defined through standards of professional behavior: Patient-Centered Care, Respect, Compassion, Integrity, and Accountability.
10. Ensures accountability for high performance in patient satisfaction, staff development and regulatory/accreditation readiness.
11. Creates and maintains a positive work environment that benefits patients, staff, physicians and other key stakeholders. Actively engaged in leading Patient and Family engagement efforts in areas of responsibility.
12. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth operation of the department/unit/service.
Education: Master’s in Nursing or BSN and Master’s in related field.
Experience: Minimum of five years progressively more responsible experience in Leadership/Management with background in Perioperative Services.
Certification: CNOR, NE-BC, CNML within one year of hire.
Licensure: Current registered nurse license from State of CT